UVI has announced the launch of Gypsy Jazzy, a sound library dedicated to Gypsy Jazz, from its very roots to most modern genres like electro-swing and swing-house. Started by Parisian guitarist Django Reinhardt in the 1930s, this so-called “Manouche Jazz” style plugs the gypsy spirit into the swing articulation of the period. In order to bring you most authentic and real typical manouche sounds, UVI has worked with several skilled musicians to carefully record every sound of any real gypsy instrument.
UVI say: "With construction kits from the oldest manouche to the most modern electro, composed by 1000+ of loops and instruments, you’ll be able to pick your favourite sounds up, play them at your rhythm, and add them to your productions at a glance. Deeply authentic multi-sampled instruments with round-robin are also at your disposal: gypsy guitars, double bass, roots drums, manouche violin, clarinet, typical accordion, vocals and even DJ scratches. The unique ChordOmatic pre-sets will simplify your work: just play chords on your keyboard and the instruments selected will perform the real sounds. And if you want a whole Gypsy Jazz band playing, following your tempo and chords in real-time, just by using your keyboard, the exclusive UVIrtualBand pre-sets will make it like nobody else before."
Last but not least, the free UVI Workstation 2 software included will allow you to use all sound files and instruments immediately, in your favourite DAW or music software, whether you’re Mac OS X or Windows. “Gypsy Jazzy is the very first product to take full advantage of our new UVI Workstation 2. We believe that it's the beginning of a new generation of sounds and instruments to come” says Alain Etchart – UVI Creative Manager.
For more advanced editing, Gypsy Jazzy is fully compliant with MOTU MachFive 3.
UVI Workstation 2 main features:
- New single mode for loading next generation of UVI sounds and instruments.
- Compatible with the UVI scripted instruments.
- Powerful Arpeggiator, extremely flexible and complete.
- Easy to use Search Engine to find fast what you’re looking for.
- Universal compatibility Mac / PC.
- Operate in full 64 bits on Mac / PC.
- Manage instruments and loops in the same interface.
- Smart integrated browser.
- Convenient mixing environment with meters, mute, solo, volume, pan...
- Unlimited parts.
- Up to 64 MIDI channels.
- Disk streaming per part.
- Multiple separate outputs.
- MIDI learn.
- Expert mode.
- Cross-platform Multi’s & all host compatible.
- Unlimited FX.
- Complete professional effects arsenal, with easy editing (delay, reverb, phaser, chorus, EQ, filter, drive, distortion, compressor...).
- Excellent sounding convolution reverb.
- Direct sync to host : tempo & transport.
- State-of-the-art real-time time-stretch algorithm.
- Real-time sync to the beat: loops are always in time.
- Latch mode.
- Sample/Slice Start for loops and phrases.
- Drag & Drop MIDI & Audio.
- Import REX files, Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV and more...
- Expandable with all UVI sounds and instruments.
- Direct connection to the UVI.net RSS feed.
Pricing & Availability
Gypsy Jazzy is available now on DVD and for download at: www.uvi.net for $199.
For more information & demos: blog.uvi.net