VAST Dynamics has released version 1.20 of Vaporizer, an analogue / subtractive synthesizer plug-in. Vaporizer is designed to combine a fat virtual analog sound, low system CPU resource usage and a low price. A main focus was laid on modelling fat supersaw-like sounds with various unison and detune models.
- Native 64-bit on Mac OS X.
- VST3 support was added for Mac OS X and Windows.
- VAST Dynamics added a second LFO that can be used for all modulation options.
- A new sample and hold oscillator was added to oscillator banks and LFOs.
- An envelope mode option was added to all four envelope generators, to choose between virtual analog / capacitive, digital and linear envelope models.
- A new bank with 28 high-quality factory presets was added.
- Several major sound enhancements were achieved: e.g. a new complex attenuation model to ensure a homogeneous output level when stacking and detuning multiple oscillators.
- The modulation matrix was extended by three slots and has now eight slots that can modulate nearly all parameters of the synthesizer.
- Thirteen new modulation matrix destinations for all effect settings were included: distortion chorus, delay and reverb, comb filter plus a destination for modulation of the stereo pan the output.
- Vaporizer now has a patch randomization function.
- Many usability improvement were added including buttons for fast browsing through presets, logarithmic slider scales, fine-tuning of slider-values with Ctrl / Cmd key and / or mouse scroll-wheel, tool-tips and many more.
- Optimized CPU usage.
General features of the plug-in:
- Innovative virtual analog synthesis model that allows an almost unlimited number of oscillators per voice (e.g. 96 saw-tooth oscillators).
- Three modes - 16 and 4 voice polyphony plus monophonic mode.
- Full stereo – all generators, effects and chains.
- Full effect bank with high quality oversampling effects (distortion, chorus, delay, reverb, comb filter and parametric EQ).
- Old school UI with real analog feeling.
- Everything at sight – no hidden tabs or menus.
- Retro-style oscilloscope for immediate visual feedback.
- Monophonic and polyphonic portamento in all modes including ARP.
- More than 80 presets with many different styles.
- Dual LFO with cross modulation.
- Completely alias free oscillators (7 different waveforms).
- Up to 97 parallel oscillators per voice (4 unison / detune banks with max 24 plus 1 noise oscillator).
- 16 voice polyphony with a maximum number of 1552 oscillators per plug-in at a time.
Price: €24.90 (+VAT within EU).