Vertigo Sound has announced the release of the VSE-2 Plug-in, their first independent plug-in release, a meticulous emulation of their Discrete Gyrator EQ VSE-2. The VSE-2 software provides all the fine sonic details of its 6500$ analog counterpart plus some new additional options like switchable bandwidth and control of the harmonic content.
Features of the VSE-2 Plugin:
- A Painstaking Hardware Emulation With Discrete Sound.
- Maximum Musical Behavior.
- Extreme Eqing without penalties.
- Add silky presence and a big defined low end heft to your material instantly.
- Enhancement of the auditory threshold with our unique A.I.R. Mode.
What is a Gyrator?
Originally proposed in 1948, a gyrator is a type of electronic network that can be used at the heart of equaliser designs as an alternative to its even older inductor predecessor. Although inductors are still popular with some designers looking for a vintage sound, they have inherent issues like ringing and odd harmonics. On the other hand, gyrators can work better than the 'real thing' and give the designer more freedom, a factor put to work in the VSE-2 to create, among other things, a tube-like distortion spectrum.
Features found in VSE-2 Plugin Only:
- Frequency bands can be switched independently to "Broad" (Low Q).
- Additional Input and Output Trims to Avoid Internal Clipping Issues in your DAW.
- All levels can be set directly at the VSE-2 EQ stage.
- Harmonic Control with Drive LED.
VSE-2 Unique Features:
- Discrete Gyrator EQ based Hardware emulation.
- Tube like Distortion Spectrum up to 1% THD.
- Smooth and Punchy Vintage Console EQ Sound.
- Unique A.I.R Mode (Enhancement of the auditory threshold).
- 18 selectable frequencies.
- Hi Pass Filter 10Hz-400Hz.
- Cut & Boost steps +-: 1dB, 2dB, 3,5dB, 5,5dB, 8dB with proportional Q.
Intro Price: 99 Euro (Reg. 239 Euro).
The VSE-2 Plug-in is available for Mac and PC in VST2, VST3, AU and AAX (DSP & Native) formats.