Every year, the Vienna Symphonic Library offers its users a special bargain during the holiday season. This year customers can get Extended Libraries for free if they purchase one of the Vienna Packages, such as the Strings Package, Winds Package, Keyboards Package, the Symphonic Cube or the gigantic Vienna Super Package.
Users who order and register any of Vienna's new Packages (Standard Libraries) between now and January 6, 2008, can get one, two, or even three Extended Libraries of their choice for free.
- Strings Package – 1 free Extended Library
- Winds Package – 1 free Extended Library
- Keyboards Package – 1 free Extended Library
- Symphonic Cube – 2 free Extended Libraries
- Vienna Super Package – 3 free Extended Libraries
The Extended Library of choice doesn't necessarily need to correspond to the Package ordered. For instance, the customer can order the Strings Package, and choose the Extended Library of any wind instrument collection as a free holiday gift.
The following Vienna Instruments collections are part of the Packages whose Standard Libraries are now offered at special bundle prices:
- Strings Package: Solo Strings, Chamber Strings, Orchestral Strings I & II, Appassionata Strings, Harps.
- Winds Package: Brass I & II, Special Brass, Woodwinds I & II, Special Woodwinds, Saxophones.
- Keyboards Package: Vienna Konzerthaus Organ, Bösendorfer Imperial, Special Keyboards.
- Symphonic Cube: Solo Strings, Chamber Strings, Orchestral Strings I & II, Harps, Brass I & II, Woodwinds I & II, Percussion.
- Vienna Super Package: Solo Strings, Chamber Strings, Orchestral Strings I & II, Appassionata Strings, Harps, Brass I & II, Special Brass, Woodwinds I & II, Special Woodwinds, Saxophones, Percussion, Vienna Konzerthaus Organ, Bösendorfer Imperial, Special Keyboards, Elements.
Vienna Instruments Software Updates: RTAS and Leopard
Good news for Pro Tools users: Version 1.12 of the Vienna Instruments as well as the new mixing and host software Vienna Ensemble support RTAS under OS X on Intel and PPC Macs. Further, version 1.13 added compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), and since November 29 the most current version (1.14, provided with maintenance core updates) has been available as a free download for all registered users of Vienna Instruments. Both Vienna Instruments and Vienna Ensemble support the 64-bit version of Windows XP and Vista; the 64-bit version for Mac OS X is currently under development.