Voxengo has announced the release of version 2.0 of SPAN, the freeware real-time "fast Fourier transform" audio spectrum analyzer plug-in. It is now cross-platform and is available for Windows, Windows x64 and Mac OS X in VST and AU effect plug-in formats. Voxengo has also updated MSED, another freebie, to v2.2.
SPAN is a freeware real-time "fast Fourier transform" audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional music and audio production applications. For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality.
Features added in SPAN v2.0 since v1.x:
- Multi-channel analysis.
- Mid/side analysis.
- Correlation meter.
- Multi-platform support.
- Preset manager.
- User interface coloration.
- User interface re-scaling.
- Plug-in instance naming.
Changes in MSED v2.2:
- "Mid 180" and "Side 180" phase flip switches added.
- "Ch Swap" input channel swap switch added.
- "Radial" knob mode can be now disabled completely.
- "Off-Line Render" indication added.
- Knob read-outs now require a single click for keyboard entry.
- Occasional crashes in WaveLab and other hosts fixed.
- Host sample rate switch-related problem fixed.
- Minor visual improvements implemented.
- Plug-in initial loading time reduced.
- The "VST Function Sync" global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
- Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
- Preset "update" function implemented in the preset manager.