W. A. Production has released Outlaw, a gain rider plugin that listens to the incoming audio and compensates for volume changes, mimicking the mixing desk fader movement of a real-life audio engineer.
- Mix: mixes the gain riding.
- Target: sets the RMS target of the gain-rider.
- Gate: allows user to set a gate level that is relative to the Target level, to have the gain-rider ignore softer sounds.
- HPF/LPF/Slope: Let you filter away the highs and lows in the detection signal with variable slopes so you can for example ignore the low rumble in a speech or vocal recording, or ignore the high attack and finger noises of a bass recording.
- Let you apply additional attack and release to the gain-riding so you can let through the signals peaks or smooth out the signals tails.
- With the Direction control you can set the direction of the Attack and Release which is helpful depending on if the general gain produced is upwards, downwards or goes in two directions.
- Max Up/Max Down/Instant/Zero/RMS:
- The Max Up and Max Down let you set the maximum gain that is applied up and down, which gives you more control over how extreme the gain-riding is allowed to be. Low values sound subtle. High values sound erratic.
- The RMS control lets you pick between slow, medium or fast RMS-detection, which determines how quickly the plugin reacts to the incoming signal.
- Instant option is very fast and Zero has 0ms RMS time.
Price: $39.90. There is a launch discount of 80% until March 15th, 2019.
Video preview: YouTube/l0KGOWF8d84