WaveDNA has updated Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro to v1.3.2. The latest update includes a number of bug fixes and improvements, and the new ability to drag and drop MIDI arrangements out of Liquid Rhythm and either into any MIDI-capable DAW or onto the desktop. WaveDNA is also improving MIDI scripting support for the Ableton Push controller within the Liquid Rhythm MaxForLive bridge. The release features a beta version of that implementation.
Note: To use the MaxForLive Clips plugin in Ableton Live 9, update you Max to version 6.1.6 before installing Liquid Rhythm (Max must be installed first).
- Drag & Drop MIDI from Liquid Rhythm (standalone or plugin-VST/AU/RTAS) into your favourite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) (Click and drag on the dotted square in the transport. Right-click on it to adjust preferences for the drag and drop).
- Choose a BeatForm directly using dropdown menus for each beat under the dials in the BeatForm Tumbler.
Improvements and Updates:
- Liquid Rhythm's MaxForLive Clips patch has been redone to show a button that opens up the main window.
- Ability to audition the individual elements of a kit when right clicked on the kit within the library.
- Standalone mode has a new option, that when moving the loop region, confines the playhead to it.
- Consolidated installer for all plugin modes. (Note: In the installer for Mac, the MaxForLive Clips plugin indicates that it's 0 bytes in size. This is normal.)
- Silent instruments (instruments without samples) will now send MIDI notes in plugin and standalone mode. (Useful for connecting another MIDI device to Liquid Rhythm to use as a controller.).
- Mute/Solo changes in an Ableton Live drum rack are now automatically updated in Liquid Rhythm.
- Performance improvements when selecting regions in the arranger.
- Walkthrough would sometimes crash when attempting to access a part of the Liquid Rhythm window that was not visible.
- Changing the colour of multiple tracks and pressing undo wouldn't revert the colour changes.
- BeatForm Mute toggle on Medium and Weak wouldn't toggle.
- When selecting a clip in Live, the first instrument track in Liquid Rhythm wouldn't be selected by default; instead it would have the 'focused region' indicator, with some other track selected.
- Mouse Wheel now consistently scrolls horizontally across the molecule tools panel. If you need to scroll vertically in a sub-panel, hold down Alt or Option key with the mouse wheel.
- On some setups, the audio engine would sometimes cause an error on startup (it would access memory when it wasn't ready).
- MIDI Export Wizard and Audio Export Wizard would sometimes appear behind the application, and appear like the system is hung. Now forcing it to appear in front.
- Downloading a new kit with standalone or plugin would cause a crash when simultaneously using the library.
- If the 'welcome to Liquid Rhythm' window was closed, the menu bars would remain disabled in MaxForLive Liquid Clips mode.
- Moving the loop region very quickly in clip mode would cause the loop region to grow.
- Bug in destructive record fixed, where recording in destructive mode and changing in the arranger with the mouse at the same time would cause a crash.
- BeatWeaver would disable in note edit mode when selecting a note even though there is region focus.
- Windows XP now installs Liquid Rhythm MaxForLive mode automatically.
- Accent Modifier note highlights would sometimes get stuck on-screen if you press the escape key.
- BarForm Family in-place dropdown menu in the arranger wasn't working.
- Continuing improvements to the Push.
- Visual display of the active locations in the track.
- Added support for the BeatForm Tumblers.
- Users can now select the instruments to edit by switching to 'Ableton control mode' on the Push and tapping the appropriate instrument button on the drum pads (bottom left quadrant of Push buttons), and then switching back to 'User mode'.
- Ability to enter 'Ableton control mode' without having to deactivate 'User mode' first.
- Command Dialer allows customizing the buttons on the Arrange page.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
Download a free trial of the latest version of Liquid Rhythm or update your current version on the WaveDNA website.