Waves Audio has joined forces with Musicsoft Arts to introduce Mashup, an innovative new iPad app. Featuring an advanced playback engine and effects controlled by an intuitive interface, Mashup lets users play and mix directly from their iPad music library – plus download exclusive tracks from leading DJs like Junior Sanchez and Kris Menace. Mashup is a complete mobile DJ booth, with studio-quality EQ and analog-style resonant filters, Vinyl Touch glitch-free scratching, and independent time-stretch and pitch-shift for each of its two stereo decks, saving users thousands of dollars in gear.
Users can also take Mashup’s performance to the next level using Waves MaxxAudio enhancement, available at an additional charge. MaxxAudio for Mashup includes MaxxVolume all-in-one dynamics control, which dramatically increases the output levels of headphones and external speakers; MaxxBass psycho-acoustic bass enhancement, which delivers deep, rich lows listeners can really feel; and preset sound modes for earbuds, headphones, docking stations, home stereos and club systems.
- Dual stereo decks with studio-quality EQ and effects.
- Independent time-stretch and pitch-shift for each deck.
- Analog-style resonant high pass/low pass filters with exclusive touch ribbon control.
- Free downloadable music from top DJs and producers.
- Vinyl Touch glitch-free scratching.
- Record stereo mixers, then drag and drop into a computer.
- Play back any track in a user’s library.
- Users’ iPhone or iPad s can cue the next track over a WiFi or Bluetooth connection.
Aviv Eyal, CEO, Musicsoft Arts, stated, “In our efforts to offer DJ's worldwide the highest quality audio in our applications, we decided to collaborate with Waves on Mashup. Their leading DSP technology was a perfect fit for this app, and it really helped enhance the audio quality, something that DJ's will surely appreciate.”
“Waves partnered with Musicsoft Arts on the Mashup app to bring DJ’s the maximum audio quality available,” stated Gilad Keren, CEO and co-founder of Waves Audio. “Mashup is not only easy to use, it has a wide array of features, and DJs will be able to hear the difference in audio quality right away.”
The Mashup app from Waves Audio and Musicsoft Arts will be available Q1 2012 from the iTunes store with pricing to be announced. For more information, please visit www.waves.com.