Waves has announced the release of Version 8 of its plug-in range.
In Version 8 several classic plug-ins get facelifts: L1 Ultramaximizer, S1 Stereo Imager, DeEsser, TrueVerb, Q10 Equalizer, C1 Compressor/Expander and AudioTrack all feature a fresher, more up-to-date look. Version 8 also adds Waves V-Series plug-ins to selected Waves bundles, bringing the modeled sounds of the vintage 1066, 1073, 1081 and 2254 hardware units to more users than ever.
V8 also delivers an improved preset management system with in-host integration, multi-level Undo and easier navigation. In addition, presets created by Waves Artists like Dave Pensado, Ross Hogarth, Mike Hedges and Steve Lillywhite come pre-loaded into the plug-ins, for the ultimate in convenience.
Other developments include faster loading times, mouse-wheel control, improved metering in AudioSuite, Novation Automap SDK implementation and enhanced support for Avid Icon console EQ and dynamics sections. Last but not least, V8 marks the first time users can purchase the vast majority of Waves plug-ins individually, a la carte.
- V-Series added to selected bundles:
- Grand Masters Collection.
- Broadcast & Production.
- Sound Design Suite.
- Live Bundle.
- New interfaces for classic plugins:
- L1 Ultramaximizer.
- C1 Compressor.
- S1 Stereo Imager.
- Q10 Equalizer.
- Improved Toolbar and Presets Management:
- 32 levels of Undo/Redo.
- Preset previous/next navigation buttons.
- Factory preset navigation via host preset menus in VST3 and Audio Units.
- Waves Artists presets integrated into plug-in preset menus.
- Preset 'Load' menu – multi-level support for preset indication bullet.
- Integrated support for Novation Automap application (V3.8 or higher) and Novation controllers (Waves supports "unwrapped" mode only).
- Enhanced support for ICON control LED indicators for all EQ & Dynamics plug-ins.
- Pro Tools AudioSuite improvements:
- Added support for 'overwrite files'.
- Improved control responsiveness during preview.
- Smoother response of meters and other status indicators during preview.
- Mouse wheel support for plug-in controls.
- Mouse cursor displays a spinning Waves icon during plug-in scan (Windows only).
- Most plug-ins now available individually.
- New lower prices across the Waves product line.
- Bug Fixes:
- Dorrough Meters graphic refresh rate no longer drops when multiple instances are opened.
- Various keyboard event-stealing issues were eliminated.
- Single click text entry in Pro Tools now registers correctly in Undo/Redo.
- All controls now update sound upon mouse down event instead of mouse up.
- MultiRack SG for Yamaha New Features:
- Record MultiRack-processed tracks direct-to-DAW in the same computer.
- Advanced side-chaining capabilities.
- V6, V7, and V8 can all run concurrently on the same computer. However, V8 and Waves versions V4 and V5 cannot.
- All previous versions of products that you update will be removed from your iLok and replaced by V8. After updating to V8, you will not be able to use these versions again.
- V8 is not supported on Mac G5 and below. To ensure your system is compatible with Waves V8, check the Tech Specs page.
Important Note for DiGiCo Users: Waves V8 does not support DiGiCo consoles at this point. Please do NOT update your V7 products to V8 yet. If you have already updated or purchased a new product registered as V8 – please contact Waves Tech Support at +1-865-909-9200 ext. 1.
Important Note for Digidesign Venue Users: Waves V8 does not support Digidesign Venue consoles at this point.
Please do NOT update your V7 products to V8 yet. If you have already updated or purchased a new product registered as V8 – please contact Waves Tech Support at +1-865-909-9200 ext. 1.
V8 is available at no additional charge to all Waves products covered by Waves Update Plan.