Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio has released WoodStepper 4.0, a major update of the Audio/MIDI sequencer/sampler.
- Samples, TrackAudio and the 3 Oscillators can now be used in parallel.
- All sources now have a step gain allowing for a different mixture per step.
- All (almost) existing OSC parameters are changed into a STEP parameter.
- Added Variations (Vari) panel:
- Allows to changes parameters over a number of sequences (opposed to the per-step changes).
- Is similar to LFO modulation at very low frequencies but timing is set by the number of sequences.
- 3 diff parameters can be changed .
- For each param the number of sequences can be set.
- Parameters can be changed up/down.
- Parameters can be changed continuously or only after the sequence starts again at step 1.
- 3 different note offsets can be set.
- Added Phase modulation to OSC1,2 & 3 (FM synthesis).
- Phase mod of OSC 1 is done with OSC2.
- Phase mod of OSC 2 is done with output (pre gain) of the next sequencer.
- Phase Mod of OSC3 is done by the Samples.
- Added step frequency modulation LFO to the Samples.
- Added step Detune to the Samples.
- Sample Start and Width are now STEP parameters. (different sounds per step ...).
- Added Samples Auto Gain.
- Added LFO waveform to Samples modulation LFO.
- Added sync of OSC2 & 3 to OSC1.
- Added modulation LFO waveform to OSC 2 & 3.
- Added PulseWidth and Amplitude/PW modulation to OSC1.
- Added Ring modulation to Pan/Out panel: OSC1-OSC2 OSC-SMPLS SEQ1-SEQ2.
- Added MIDILearn for almost all parameters.
- Added distort function on the Track input source.
- Replaced Next Sequencer button in each panel with radio buttons.
- Source panel popup replaced by buttons to allow parallel sources.
- MIDI settings (note range, channel) have their own panel (were in OSC 1).
- Added OSC1 LFO bars popup.
- Added Step note (pitch) recording mode: notes played are converted to pitch shift values.
- Added Vol button which will show all step gain values and when clicking the step led will show a popup to set the gain.
- Sequencer LEDs not shown any longer when sequencer row is off.
- Recording samples is now controlled only by the "Sampling Armed" button. (Sample Source needed to be on previously).
Preset system updated:
- Real (multiple) subfolders supported.
- Added Browser for presets and sample files.
- Factory presets are now in a subfolder "factory".
- Factory synth presets are in subfolder "synth".
- When iCloud is NOT used, the standalone app will copy the presets and sample files into a shared (App Group) folder to make them available for the AUv3 plugins (copy is done only when starting up the standalone app).
- Fixed working in GarageBand.
- Fixed popup menus in iOS15 (Vari notes, Volume popups, Copy/Paste popup).