Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio has released WoodStepper 2.0, a major update of its audio/MIDI sequencer/sampler, bringing lots of new sonic possibilities and surround/3D panning to the Mac version.
- Each sequencer now has 3 VCO's (was previously only 1).
- New Chordulator source: finds chord notes (in live or recorded guitar, keys, ...) and sends them to the VCO's in various ways (arpeggiator, ...).
- MacOS version now supports surround (and 3D) panning.
- Added Pulse Waveform to the VCO's.
- VCO 2 and 3 can set the Pulse Width and have a Pulse Width modulator.
- VCO 2 and 3 have individual panning allowing nice stereo effects.
- VCO 2 and 3 have Slew rate modulation for square and sawtooth waveforms and amplitude modulation for sine and triangle waveforms.
- Sampling panel now has a reverse button.
- Delays now have a modulator function (each step has it's own LFO).
- MIDI out notes can now follow the VCO's (+ pitch shifter).
- When running, a new sequencer mode allows to automatically select the next preset (in the same folder) after a number of bars (live gigs ...).
- When running, the "Play Step" button is replaced by a "Next Preset" button.