Xhun Audio has released version 3.0 of LittleOne, a major upgrade/reboot for its analogue modeling software.
After several years of constant research and development, LittleOne version 3.0 represents a huge step forward compared to the previous versions of the software, thanks to the adoption of the analogue technology simulation/emulation techniques available today.
Completely re-written from the ground up in efficient C++, LittleOne version 3.0 brings a massive improvement on the DSP side (for both the synthesizer section and for the sequencers and effects processors included in the rack section) as well as a full native cross-platform compatibility. It is available for both Windows and macOS (formerly OS X) as 32-bit / 64-bit plugins in VST (2.4), VST3 and AU formats.
- Windows 32-bit: VST (2.4), VST3.
- Windows 64-bit: VST (2.4), VST3.
- macOS 64-bit: VST (2.4), VST3, AU.
- Analogue modeling simulation of real analogue hardware, achieved by the adoption of the Advanced Component Simulation (ACS) approach - oscillators, filters, envelopes (, ...) are built preserving their original architecture, featuring all the micro-instabilities and imperfections of the analogue technology.
- Full 64-bit processing accuracy for every single aspect of the simulation.
- An all-in-one complete analogue synthesizer + sequencer + trancegate + rack effects setup.
- Two aliasing-free analogue modeled oscillators proving the same capacitors' charging/discharging responses as found on the original analogue circuits, with a continuous wave selection (morphing) mode between triangle, sawtooth, square, pulse.
- A 4-pole resonant low pass ladder filter (modeled by the adoption of the topology-preserving transform / zero-delay feedback approach) proving all the original non-linearities, frequency responses (also at extreme modulation scenarios), self-oscillation, soft-clipping and overload control.
- Two 4-stage (ADSR) envelope generators proving the same capacitors' charging/discharging responses as found on the original analogue circuits.
- Extended modulation possibilities, including a white noise generator, a sample-and-hold source and a multi-waveform low-frequency-oscillator (LFO) featuring the original frequency range (from 0.2 Hz up to 500 Hz), allowing for advanced frequency modulation designs.
- True analogue polyphony. In addition to a classic monophonic mode, polyphony (4-voices) is achieved by simulating four fully-independent synthesis systems (devices) separately, as expected in the original hardware specification extension. Each of the four independent voices (devices) can also be tuned/detuned separately for an even more deep and rich polyphonic sound.
- Analogue components selector. Choose what kind of components to use inside LittleOne: select ultra-stable components, phase-locked oscillators (like in most recent analogue synthesizers) or select aged, much more unstable components and disable the phase-lock of the main oscillators.
- Accede all the advanced features like the alternative modulation sources/destinations, set the velocity to control the filter cutoff, extend the pitch bend range, select the MIDI input channel and much more - all from the operating system led display.
- Including XSQ16A unit (rack), a monophonic 16-step analogue sequencer.
- Including GAT3D unit (rack), a 16-step trancegate effect.
- Including two insert/master effects slots with the possibility to choose 5 effect processors.
- X-TREME unit (rack), an accurately modeled, ground-shaking tube distortion effect.
- FLANG-R unit (rack), an expressive stereo flanger effect.
- CHOR-S unit (rack), an expressive stereo chorus effect.
- D-LAY unit (rack), a tempo-synced stereo delay effect.
- REEVERB unit (rack), a resonator-based electronic reverb effect.
- Including a huge 400+ ready-to-use factory presets collection covering all styles, from vintage analogue leads and basses to contemporary cutting-edge trance stabs, motion pads and more.
- Additional presets/patches available as commercial expansions.
- MIDI Automation, following the original hardware MIDI CC# specs.
- Supported sample rates from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz.
For a deeper overview of the software and the technologies involved, more info and details can be found following the published posts (starting from Summer 2016) on Xhun Audio's Facebook profile.
Pricing & Availability
Available now, LittleOne version 3.0 is priced at 69€, but it can be purchased from the Xhun Audio online Shop for the time-limited introductory price of 49.90€ (this offer is valid until May 15th 2017).
As Xhun Audio promised, all previous/registered LittleOne Customers will receive the upgrade to version 3.x (from versions 1.x / 2.x) completely free of charge.