zenAud.io has updated ALK, a looper/sequencer/DAW music performance software application for Mac, to v1.0.30, featuring bug-fixes and a new audition recording feature.
- Always audition while recording: This feature gives more fine-grained control over how auditioning occurs during a performance. While the default behaviour is for auditioning to be automatically on during live performance, a switch allows you to turn it off. This can be useful if you record the same signal to two tracks simultaneously but only want to hear one at at any given time.
- Audio waveform rendering bug which caused a crash in following circumstances:
- Importing a song-length audio file (i.e. reasonably large).
- Clip Loops set to on.
- Play Offset set to negative value (i.e. shift waveform to the right).
- Zoom into track in question at the beginning of the song.
- Bug which caused the timing of tracks to be incorrect if:
- Loop Clip is off and.
- Play Offset is negative.
- Open Recent submenu in the File top-level menu:
- Now lists any files you've opened recently.
- Multi-loop and/or region selection:
- Now, the items will remain selected and allows you to click/drag and move them again.
- Plug-ins/Plug-in editors:
- Certain plugins were incorrectly filtered out of the menus. In particular, AU plugins were affected.
- Plugs that use open GL appeared as black empty rectangles.
- Miscellaneous fixes:
- Crash in copy/paste code.
- Clear recently opened files bug.
zenAud.io ALK auto-updates, so all you have to do to update is restart the app.