19 August 2013 at 1:15am
Since 2011 the web page for all the frettedsynth plugins is here :
Among his tons of excellent plugins for guitars and drums take a look also at these awesome tools:
- S2VA (a mono guitar/audio triggered synth with two virtual analog oscillators, see this screenshot). And don't fail to look at the other versions of SafFron, because they are each different in the choice of the sources of modulation (even mixing several soundfonts). Read also what I write about SafFronSE below... It is by far the best.
- GCBS4 (a guitar controlled bass synth, see this screenshot).
- GuitSyn SE (still better! A monstruous guitar controlled synth with 2 oscillators, 1 noise generator, 2 multiband filters, 2 envelop generators, chorus, flanger, phaser, BPM hostsync, 2 delays (one for left channel and one for right channel), etc, etc, etc, see this screenshot).
- Phazosc (a phase distortion synth for guitar with 2 multiwave VCOs, a VCF, a multitype delay, a chorus... see this screenshot).
- See all the versions of SoftDrums (all are different and wonderful).
- StringSculptor2 (a synth for guitar with... 3 VCO ! (+ 1 noise gen), 3 VCF ! 3 VCA !, a chorus, a delay with pan control, a reverb... see this screenshot).
With this FreeAmp3Full my prefered are by far GuitSyn SE... and SafFronSE ("SE" for "SynthEdit"), the last SafFron version which fixes the issues of all the previous versions about multiple instances, loads sound fonts sf2 of whatever origin with layers and velocity splits, loads up to three sound fonts with separate controls for on/off, level, pan, course and fine tuning, uses brand new filter with separate envelopes for cutoff and resonance, provides a new five band equalizer and limiter, etc. This VST was created two years ago (2011, october) but is still today in 2013 august the BEST synth for guitarist! Though I love Native Instruments tools but I even have to affirm that Guitar Rig 5 remains far, far, far behind this version of SafFronSE and the other awesome FrettedSynth's plugins I've mentioned above! By the way I don't understand why SaFronSE has no entry in KVR but only SafFron2L which is way older (and buggy with multi-instances) and much less advanced.
All these plugins are really awesome ! In the comments on the web page (the upper comment at the top of the section), one has written "your effects sound just like the real thing, and are every bit as good a program/software as the expensive ones on the market like GuitarRIg..".
And I really agree! Indeed.