|Product||CA-2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier|
No Longer Available
|Type / Tags||Dynamics (Compressor / Limiter)Analogue Tube CompressorCompressorLevelingLimiterVintageVocal Compressor|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Faithfully modeled after one of the most sought after studio compressors in history, the CA-2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier puts the silky, smooth sound of this highly desirable unit right into any VST or AU-compatible DAW.
- Meticulously modeled.
- Zero latency for real-time tracking and mixing.
- Up to 40dB of smooth, transparent gain reduction.
- Frequency dependent compression.
- Program dependent attack/release.
- Fully modeled "R37" HF Pre-emphasis control.
- Dual photocell reset modes (Classic & Fast Reset).
- Use side-chain compression for ducking, pumping, and more.
- Windows:ProChannel, VST2.4, VST3 / OS X: AU, VST3.
Reviewed By X2
August 25, 2013
Tried all other emulations apart from UAD, very similar to liquid mix emulation and smooth as any other as well dynamically, but where it really shines is the VU meter and the screw for frequency calibration. For the money it is the best Iv'e bought yet so its my favorite go to for a native LA2A. Problem is there is now a very good freeware alternative (VBL limiter) that gives most of the others a run for their money so to speak as its free but only 32-bit, but Im not complaining..
GUI - 10/10.
SOUND - 10/10.
EASE OF USE - 10/10.
FLEXIBILITY - 10/10.
(Perhaps it sounds like Im sucking cakewalks arse but it ticks all the right boxes for me, especially since the pro channel version is available at the press of a button, forgot to mention that I factored that in as well which it also has over other emulations, try on drums before an FET based compressor, I know its the wrong way around but its the sound that matters!).Read more