|Product||Curio: Cinematic Toy Piano|
|Type / Tags||KeyboardAmbientCinematicFound SoundKontakt InstrumentPercussionPrepared PianoToy Piano|
2GB free space
Kontakt 4+ (full)
Curio: Cinematic Toy Piano is a unique Kontakt 4+ sample library featuring a deeply-sampled, prepared, and deconstructed toy piano (also known as a miniature grand, or kinderklavier). Recorded and designed by Ali Lacey, the library contains a wide range of tonal, atonal, textural, and designed sounds created using both acoustic and post-production synthesis/processing techniques.
Ideal for film, TV, and game composers, Curio includes far more than simple toy piano mallets and plucked sounds, though those are included in great detail. Composers will find a wealth of material including ethereal plucks, percussive hits, taps, ratchets, airy textures and ambiances, tonal and atonal swells, deep impacts, and sound design elements.
- Mallet & pluck articulations, deep-sampled.
- Bowed ambiance, tapping, shaking textures.
- Processed percussive hits - taps, deep hits, wet hits, reverberance.
- Natural percussive sounds.
- Deep bass plucks and FX.
- Hybrid airy/synthesized and chromatic sounds.
- Intimate micing.
- Beautiful scripted UI with further sound design controls: envelope, filter, delay, reverb, lofi, chorus, FX, etc.
- 23 patches for Kontakt 4+.
- 1,400+ samples as both NCW and standalone WAV for further editing.
Curio is available for $59 as a digital download.
Reviewed By tommyzai
April 9, 2014
CURIO by Impact Soundworks is an extremely versatile Cinematic Toy Piano. Wow! I knew the quality would be good because everything these guys make is high quality and innovative. Yet, I was still surprised by this sample library. I expected it to sound like. .. well. .. a toy piano — you know, the kind we beat on when we were kids. Obviously, I'm a bit ignorant about miniature grands and kinderklaviers. Even so, this library is so much more than basic plucked mallet sounds. They have mangled and deconstructed it into haunting ambiences and textures, whooshes, sweeps, and percussive things! This library surprised me with a vast wealth of sound design tools.
- Interface is simple, fun to use, and looks cool.
- Inspiring patches, especially the booms, basses, and ambiences.
- Excellent developer communication and support — nice guys.
- Price! Cheaper than most toys.
Perhaps I should have noticed the word CINEMATIC. This is not a toy! I highly recommend Curio to any eMusician, producer, film or game scorer, DJ, sound designer, who is looking for patches that inspired and sound phenomenal (I had to look this work up for correct spelling. .. and it was worth it). Tommy Zai gives Curio two youthful thumbs up. Thank you, Impact Soundworks, for creating such a BIG little sample library. It's great; no kidding.Read more