|Product||Forest Frame Drums|
|Type / Tags||DrumsEthnicFrame DrumKontakt InstrumentWorldWorld Drums|
Welcome to Forest Frame Drums, our world percussion sample library based on three ancient frame drums captured in fine detail; the library includes many dynamics, round robins, and articulations, but most importantly a great space that works for both intimate and cinematic purposes. The drums are a set of hand-made, animal-skin instruments from the Ojibway tribe with a particularly warm and deep sound. While other frame drum libraries have opted for a more 'epic' and cinematic sound, Forest Frame Drums opts for a traditional approach that offers more flexibility and authenticity.
Forest Frame Drums sports 20 articulations for the primary "Forest Drum" which provide a large palette of percussive tones ranging from soft and subtle to bright and splashy:
- Finger strikes (center, rim, muted).
- Fingertips (center, rim, muted).
- Thumb (center).
- Hand (center, rim, muted, side).
- Wrist (side, muffled).
- Scrapes (center).
- Mallet (center, rim).
- Stick (center, rim, side, reverse side).
The Forest Drum was recorded in a naturally ambient environment, but with a close perspective, thus maintaining all the important detail while also providing more "epic" and hall-like reverb tails at the highest dynamic levels.
The next drum is a hybrid frame & hand drum with a deeper, bassier tone (the "Deep Drum"), and includes:
- Finger strikes (center, rim).
- Thumb (center, rim).
- Hand (center, rim).
- Fingerpad + fingertip gliss.
- Muted gliss.
- Palm slap (+ cradled), w/ releases.
- Stick + mallet.
- Rolls + 'rain'.
Lastly, a bonus "Small Drum" is included with hand and thumb strikes - still with plenty of detail.
- 2000+ samples.
- Easy to use master patches with all articulations (one per key) for easy playability.
- Highly detailed - Up to 6 dynamics/15x RR.
- EQ and tone / envelope controls in UI.
- Ensemble maker script.
- Saturator, limiter and stereo controls.
- Reverb controls with custom impulses.
- Programmed for Kontakt 4.