|Type / Tags||Granularizer|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
MGranularMB is an extremely versatile granular resynthesizer, which can make your lead sound like a pad, make your drums more powerful and much more. The plugin cuts your audio material into small pieces and creates a whole new material from them, in multiple bands as usual. Besides standard panorama and pitch shifting, the plugin can also perform true graph based transformations, adjust pitch of each grain to harmony, layer up to 20 of them at once creating a true grain clouds. And that's just a beginning:
- Dual user interface - the plugin is not only extremely versatile, but also quick and easy-to-use thanks to 2 graphical user interfaces. First there is a simple default one with several predefined modes, but just a few controls, which lets you start quickly and easily without any knowledge. All you need to do is choose what you want and use a few knobs. And the plugins also has an advanced mode, which provides all the extreme features the plugin offers.
- 1-6 fully configurable independent bands built on 3 perfectly transparent crossover algorithms (analog with slopes from 12dB/oct to 120dB/oct, linear-phase and hybrid) with fully adjustable limits and input gains. Includes peak meters for all bands and the master.
- Continuously adjustable oscillator shape - every oscillator in our plugins is defined by a mix of predefined oscillator shapes, custom waveforms edited using our MeldaProduction Envelope System (MES), step-sequencer and several methods for algorithmic postprocessing. It is the most advanced approach for defining oscillator shapes.
- 4 global modulators - in each instance you can have up to 4 fully-featured modulators that can modulate any set of parameters including other modulators! In this way you can make the sound move in time, be less static and more interesting. Each modulator works as LFO, follower, midi/audio triggered ADSR envelopes, a pitch detector or even a combination.
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing - our plugins can handle not only mono and stereo signals, but also mono/stereo encoding, separate channels and encodings, and up to 8 channels of surround audio, which makes them ideal for audio production for movies, games etc.
- Smart randomization - using a single button you can generate completely new settings. By clicking the button you can walk through the billions of possible settings and find the best one for you! The smart randomization algorithm wisely chooses between which parameters can be randomized and how. It can even randomize modulators for you. And if that's too much, you can just hold ctrl and MGranularMB will only slightly modify existing settings.
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC) - most plugins can change loudness of the output audio, which makes browsing presets not convenient, not mentioning randomization. Our plugins include automatic gain compensation, which quickly adapts to current settings and ensure the output sounds as loud as the input. This even protects you from thinking that something sounds better in cases it's just louder.
- Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x to minimize aliasing and get an even clearer sound. Includes both minimum-phase and high-quality linear-phase algorithms.
- Extremely advanced and easy-to-use user interface - our products are always designed to enhance the workflow. You can easily change all values, fine-tune each control in multiple ways. Easy orientation in a standardized GUI, textual editing and smooth visualization with almost unlimited zooming are standard in all of our plugins. Moreover our plugins are the world first (and still the only ones), which support resizable and stylable GUI's.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn - you can map any parameter to any MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard and control it realtime or record and automate it.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange - using a title button you can save your settings (which are shared on the computer) so you can easily access these in other songs. Moreover all plugins can automatically share your presets and download presets of other users from our servers (if this feature is enabled). We are building a community and you can be a part of it.
- Fully automatable.
Reviewed By tommyzai
October 18, 2013
MMultiBandGranular by MeldaProduction is a powerful resynthesis effects plugin that is capable of adding a variety of granular nuances (clouds) to audio tracks — from slight grit and grain enhancement to a complete morph into new sound. In the past, I needed to use one of my synth's limited granular features to achieve re-synthesis. Usually, the results were an out-of-tune mess that sounded like it was run through a meat grinder on pulse mode. This was okay when I was producing industrial music or creating sound FX, but not so good for dreamy, atmospheric songs. With MMultiBandGranular, I have complete control over the texture of the grains via twenty layers, six bands, and lots of modulation options (LFO, envelope generator, pitch-shifting, randomize, etc.). I can either chose to add a pinch of grain to fatten up my drums or fragment my guitar or vocals into micro pieces, and then stretch, modulate, and reassemble them into something otherworldly! But, my favorite thing about MMBG is this — it's very musical, like some sort of granular vocoder. I especially like using the scaled sequence, thirds, and power-chords.
- Easy mode and presets for fast results (four big knobs, column of features, and a meter).
- Advanced editing mode for more complex work.
- Many modulation options.
- Pitch detector/auto tuner.
- Randomize feature, which often results in pleasantly unexpected grain reordering.
- Quality and resource control via up-sampling (1x – 16x).
- MIDI learn.
- Lifetime updates.
- Ulilitarian GUI — efficient, but not very attractive or inspiring.
- Advanced edit mode will require extra patience and willingness to experiment to achieve desired result.
MMultiBandGranular is not a tool for everyone; however, it's very handy for designers, innovative e-musicians, and producers looking for a secret weapon. For the price, it's certainly worth having in your plugin folder. I am enjoying it, and at least 1/3 of my granular experimentations have resulted in something extraordinary. Hey, a .333 batting average is pretty good — good enough for me to justify the purchase, especially at the price they're selling it for. .. the bundles are an amazing deal. Thank you Melda for daring to be different and creating such a unique and enigmatic plugin. I give MMBG two grainy drumsticks up.
*I found a great article about granular synthesis by Eric Kuehnl.