|Product||TX16Wx Software Sampler|
|Type / Tags||Sampler/Sample PlayerSampler (Loop Tool / Slicer)|
OS X 10.7
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a sampler plug-in with professional features and an easy to use graphical interface. Built to mimic the best aspects of hardware samplers, but with the quick and easy operation of modern software. An instrument not for preset players, but people who enjoy making, tweaking and playing their own samples.
- Re-sizable, flexible GUI
- Full Undo/Redo support.
- Built-in file browser with sound playback and wave/program preview.
- Fully skinnable.
- Program icons.
- Dual playback engine
- Direct from disk - supports massive sample sizes.
- RAM playback - sample accurate loop modulation.
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation
- 128 voice polyphony
- Two 6/12/24 dB resonant filters per voice.
- Low-, high, band- and all-pass.
- Notch, peak, low- and high shelf.
- Two sync-able LFO per voice.
- Two Modulation Envelopes per voice.
- Three Step Sequencers per voice.
- Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice.
- Three-way cross modulation (variable modulation strength).
- Variable keyboard scales.
- Multiple trigger modes.
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation.
- 8 choke groups per program.
- Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation.
- Polyphonic glide.
- Multiple glide modes.
- Polyphony limit per channel.
- VST micro tuning support.
- Built-in sample editor
- Automatic Loop Slicing + slice mapping.
- Actually Samples!* Record audio straight into the sampler from host (Requires routing/input capable host).
- Built-in MIDI generator and automatic sample cutter for quick re-sampling of external or internal content.
- Automatic pitch detection.
- Loop tools
- Loop auto detector.
- Loop overlay.
- Non-destructive, interactive loop cross fading.
- Multiple loop definitions per wave
- Individual loops for sustain/release per mapping.
- Trim, cut, duplicate.
- Pitch detection.
- Tempo detection.
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor
- Automatic sample layout.
- Flexible drag & drop-based group edit.
- Cut&paste or drag and drop move and copy between groups and programs.
- Quick select of sound data via MIDI.
- Drag & drop of samples/programs/performances/banks.
- Multiple outputs
- 12 Stereo outputs, 8 of which can be switched to mono.
- Individual output mapping for key groups (drums).
- 16 mappable controllers for modulation.
- 128 mappable VST parameters for modulation.
- All sound parameters can be automated or mapped to MIDI controllers.
- Preview loaded programs and samples in your song before loading.
- Reads multiple sample and bank formats
- SoundFont 2.
- SFZ Files.
- Logic EXS.
- Akai AKP.
- Ogg Vorbis.
- Typhoon compressed AIFC files.
- Original Yamaha OS Wave files.
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format
- Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Saves data in DAW project directory.
- Low CPU usage.
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- Multi platform
- MacOS X 10.7+ AU/VST2 (64-bit)/VST3 (64-bit)/AAX.
- Windows 7+ VST/VST3/AAX support.
- 64-bit support.
- Nice sound.
Reviewed By Sidom
March 3, 2018
TX16Wx is overlooked and underrated, despite being the best software sampler today. And I'm not even talking about the Pro version – the free version can easily compete with commercial products. To my mind, it has everything you need for creative sampling:
- Fast workflow.
- The fact that it actually SAMPLES: you don't necessarily have to use samples – you can record your own sounds straight into TX16Wx and start editing them right away.
- Great looking GUI (which is also resizable and customizable).
- Huge feature list that ensures comprehensive sound design and sample editing possibilities.
- Low CPU usage (though it can be quite high if you decide to use extreme quality settings).
TX16Wx doesn't have a 100 GB sample library because it was never intended to. Its purpose is to bring back the joy of sampling. And I believe TX16Wx serves its purpose really well.
Although it is a feature-packed sampler, don't be intimidated and discouraged – you don't need to use all of its features. In fact, thanks to flexible GUI, TX16Wx can be as simple as a sampler can get: just hide the panels that you don't want to use – this way you will have less complex GUI and faster workflow. Also, as always – make sure to read the manual before using it.
Finally, it has active support and the Pro version is very reasonably priced, so if you like using TX16Wx free, I think you should definitely support the developer by purchasing the Pro version.Read more