Vocalisms is a vocal drum kit library made exclusively from sounds produced by the human voice and mouth.
Vocalisms focuses on the voice as a percussive instrument, taking advantage of the entire oral spectrum to fill the roles of the elements in drum kits. It features all kinds of vocal percussion: beatbox, shouts, buzzes, chirps, hard consonants, exaggerated vowels, phonetic exploration and a lot of experimentation, reaching out to the furthest boundaries of the human voice.
Each kit of 16 samples includes the standard drums such as kicks, snares, hihats, cymbals and toms, but you will also find melodic elements such as bass lip buzzes, tonal hits and other sung one shots.
The sounds in Vocalisms are 100% "orally originated", meaning that no other non-vocal sounds were used and the human voice is the only sound source...even if it doesn't always sound like it. The samples were processed in a plethora of different ways to give an even broader palette of drum kit sound possibilities.
There are four kit categories in Vocalisms:
- Advocal Kits - These are the drier and tighter kits in the collection, with more beatbox sounds than other kits only have a few experimental elements.
- Evocal Kits - These kits are among the most effected in the library, each one with its own unique style of production.
- Havocal Kits - The sounds in these kits are the most aggressive, either through processing or by the nature of the sounds themselves.
- Provocal Kits - These are the most unconventional kits in the library, with more experimental and strange percussive elements.
- 58 drum kits.
- 928 samples, 16 samples per kit.
- Samples are 24-bit, 44.1 kHz.
- Formats include Maschine 1 & 2, Ableton Live Pack*, MPC, FL Studio, Geist, Battery 3 & 4, Kontakt, EXS24, Halion, NN-XT, and single WAV samples.
- Sample folders are easily accessible and sorted by sound type.
- Total size is 120 MB.
Additional Ableton Live Pack content:
- 58 Live Clips.
- 58 MIDI patterns (one in each Live Clip).
- 8 Macro assignments per kit.
*The Ableton Live Pack of Vocalisms is only available as a separate purchase through the Ableton website.