as_fbComp is a Feedback Compressor/Limiter.
The plug-in uses 2 input and 2 output channels.
There are two modes of operation:
- Mono - the detector uses L and R input channels, but only the L channel is sent out as audio (R input is used as side-chain input).
- Stereo - the detector uses L and R input channels, and they are both processed with gain reduction and sent out (gain reduction is the same for both).
This compressor is not transparent. It has DC-removing filters on the inputs and outputs, and the outputs pass through a slightly non-symmetrical soft-shaper, which also hard-clips to 0dB.
- Input (pre-amplification).
- Output (post-amplification).
- Source (balance between L and R for the detector, only works in Mono mode).
- Low shelf Gain.
- Low shelf Cutoff.
The compressor works at 4x oversampling. There is a latency of 2 or 3 samples which is not reported to the Host.