The Purgatory Creek Soundware Clavinet Collection includes two excellent examples of this funky keyboard: Models C and D6. The model D6 was by far the most popular version of the instrument and can be heard on many recordings from the 1970s and beyond. The Clavinet C was made famous by Stevie Wonder's recording of Superstition and was the predecessor to the more common D6 and E7.
Each of the four pickups on both instrument were deeply sampled. The D6 has a minimum of 16 velocity layers while the C was sampled at a minimum of eight (up to 18) velocity levels. The samples are full duration, providing an accurate sound with no artificial decay envelopes or sample loops. Release and attack samples are also included.
- Model D6 - the most popular.
- Model C - the funky original.
- Two vintage Clavinets.
- Deeply sampled for the full duration, so you will hear neither loops nor artificial envelope decays.
- The D6 has a minimum of 16 velocity layers while the C was sampled at a minimum of eight (up to 18) velocity levels.
- Four pickup tabs offer instant access to the pickup sample layers.
- The four filter (tone) tabs of the original instrument are emulated. (Note the C did not include the filter tabs but are still included for tonal variety).
- Release and attack samples with level control.
- Includes effects: EQ, wah-wah, saturation, reverb and amp/speakers.
- Requires full version of Native Instruments' Kontakt 4.2.4 or higher.
- The product is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.
Price: $24.95 for the Clavinet Collection.