CombOver is an FSU effect based on Comb Filters. Unlike a normal comb filter effect CombOver is trying too hard to cover up the naked pate of boring audio. Unlike those old FSU fx this one is understandable, programmable and doesn't explode with feedback. But similarly otherworldly, wet or electric, exploding or glitchy and twitching sounds are possible with CombOver.
CombOver features delay times controlled by pitch detection and harmonic overtone series slider bank modulated by a step sequencer, a vector mixing X/Y pad top select amongst the delay times of four different harmonic-modulated delay times and a harmonic mix control to blend in harmonics with the root pitch-controlled comb filter. There are five comb filters in all.
- 5 modulated comb filters.
- Comb filter time modulation provided by input audio pitch detection.
- 16 graphical sliders to choose 16 harmonic overtones for modulation source.
- 16-step sequencer to modulate selected harmonic overtone for time modulation.
- X/Y joystick-controlled vector mixer to blend between 4 harmonically-modulated comb filters.
- A variety of tempo-synced beat division choices for the sequencer.
- Stereo peak hold control on the pitch detector to ensure sensible pitch detection from stereo inputs, also acts as modulation smoothing envelope.
- Pitch detection octave selection control.