Concert Grand Compact is a 9' concert grand piano sample library for the free Plogue sforzando sampled from a Steinway D concert grand piano in a large-format professional recording studio. Concert Grand Compact contains samples from the larger Concert Grand without the need for the Kontakt sampler.
Concert Grand Compact takes the Neumann M149 single microphone perspective from Concert Grand, our 1.3 TB Steinway D piano library, and places it in the Plogue sforzando player for a compact, fast loading virtual instrument piano that is easy to use and play.
Concert Grand Compact is suitable for Album Production, Live Stage Production, Film Score Production, Performance and more.
- Recorded with Neumann M149 tube mics just outside the piano lid.
- 24-bit 96k source samples reduced to 16-bit 44.1k using Goodhertz conversion.
- Round-robin pedal noise samples with normal and loud settings.
- Sampled key up mechanical noises from the actual keyboard action.
- Sympathetic Resonance with on/off and volume controls.
- Sostenuto pedaling.
- Recorded at world-Class Toronto studio through classic Neve console.
- Burl Mothership boutique-quality A/D converters used.
- Premium API microphone preamps used.
- 12 – 15 velocities pedal up (selected from over 20 sampled velocities).
- 12 – 14 velocities pedal down (selected from over 20 sampled velocities).
- 8 velocities release samples (selected from 16 sampled velocities).
- Ultrafast loading.
- Extremely memory efficient thanks to lossless FLAC compression.
Requires 64-bit version of Plogue sforzando available here for free.
Mac OS X 10.7 or greater or PC with a 64-bit version of Windows
2 GB of free hard drive space. 8 GB RAM. Fast 7200 RPM hard drive or a solid state drive.
Solid State Drive or 7200rpm Hard Drive recommended for best performance.