Conductr is an Ableton Live controller for iPad specifically designed for live performance.
Conductr is also a whole new approach to software control devices for touch surfaces, based on functionality, adaptability and intuitivity.
Conductr is about playing music. Forget about dozens of microscopic buttons, tiny knobs and short faders on screen. Let's keep things simple: when you play live you don't really need to see everything all the time. It's all about the bit you want to focus on. So the Conductr interface is ergonomic and adapts to every artist specific and momentary needs, giving you the chance to work only with the parameters you need at any given time.
Oh, and you can even play it without watching the iPad: with Conductr's intelligent motion capture feature, you can assign a certain gesture to a any parameter, like one, two, three, four or five fingers, and be sure of what you are doing without looking at the controller's interface.
Conductr will evolve within time, growing with new preset modules that users will be able to add to their own configuration in order to customize it to the max.
Conductr is made by musicians for musicians.
- 4 different view modes: 4, 3, 2 or 1 views on screen.
- View modes can be changed on the fly according to any momentary need.
- Each view can contain 1 module.
- Modules can be changed on any view while playing.
- Clear and simple clips grid with scene side launchers and both individual tracks and master stop buttons.
- No scroll bar needed and no extra clicking: simply drag the grid with two fingers to find the clips you are looking for.
- Clip and loop evolution bars.
- SHIFT mode to give you fast access to tracks and Master Volume and Mute.
- Up to 10 column view on 1/2 and full screen modes (5 column view on 4/4 screen mode).
- LINK function to hook up the Clips module and the Mixer module's horizontal touch scroll.
- Clear and simple control of each track's Volume and Mute.
- Smart faders.
- High-resolution clip peak meters with ultra-low latency.
- SHIFT mode for fast access to each track's Pan smart crossfader and Solo and Record buttons.
- LOCK/UNLOCK Master Volume function.
- Track's volume LIMITER function.
- View up to 10 tracks on 1/2 and full screen modes (5 tracks on 4/4 screen mode).
- LINK function to hook up the Mixer Module and the Clips Module's views.
- Clear and simple transport unit including: MASTER VOLUME, CUE VOLUME, A/B CROSSFADER and TRANSPORT CONTROLS.
- Create as many User Modules as you want.
- Each User Module can contain up to 5 parameter controllers from any device on any track featured in your Ableton Live set.
- 4 different control interfaces: faders, crossfaders, buttons and quantized scales.
- User Modules can be created on the fly by surfing and selecting any of your set's parameters on the iPad or through the LEARN feature.
- User Modules can be quickly edited at any time, even while playing.
- RESET feature: create parameter's values memories and recover them whenever you want.
- Add any parameter to any User Module by simply moving it on your desktop software set while the Learn function is enabled.
- Play your User Modules without watching the iPad.
- Intelligent motion capture system.
- Control different User Module parameters depending on how many fingers you use (1 to 5, from left to right) anywhere on the screen.
- Impulse and acceleration detection system.
- Automatic snap to 0 dB and silence.
- Advanced physics.
- Upcoming new preset modules.
- Customize your Conductr set-up to the max.
- Each Conductr's User Module can contain up to 5 parameters. Each parameter can belong to any device featured on any track on your Ableton Live set. This is one of the main innovations brought by Conductr and it's been a huge technological challenge.
- What if a device previously set up on Conductr is changed on the Ableton Live set (i.e. changing its location, moving it to a different track or even deleting it)? Conductr can keep the parameters' persistence in any of the aforementioned cases on real time.
- Conductr can even keep the persistence when a device or a track are modified on the Ableton Live set while Conductr is not enabled. When the user opens up the Conductr project related to that specific Ableton Live set, it will automatically scan the whole project and modify all the required parameters, so the user can keep on playing it without having to worry about the changes done on the Ableton Live set. No need to map it again.