|Product||Dead Duck Deducktion|
|Developer||Dead Duck Software|
|Type / Tags||SynthSubtractiveVA synthesizer|
Dead Duck Deducktion is a subtractive synthesizer in VST 2.4 format for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit hosts.
- Two oscillators with saw, square, triangle and noise waveforms with 'supersaw' detune, PWM and square/triangle sub-oscillator options.
- A resonant multi-mode filter with lowpass, highpass, bandpass, bandstop and peaking options.
- Three envelopes, four LFOs and a 12-slot modulation matrix for a wide range of modulation possibilities.
- Built-in delay, chorus and reverb effects.
- MIDI CC control of parameters and modulation sources allowing full interaction with hardware controllers.
- Customisable GUI themes.
Reviewed By Ivannn
April 13, 2019
Deducktion definitely deserves its five stars.
It's getting my go-to synth.
What I appreciate:
- Good quality
- Modulation matrix
- Count of envelopes and LFOs
- Design UX/UI (clean, copmact, no mess)
- Identical OSCs
- Saw waveform is saw waveform
- Light (low CPU usage, flying start)
- Precise and smooth tune params
- Main types of filter, pretty harsh resonance
- Customisable GUI
- No presets
- And that's free.
What I'd be delighted:
- Modulate everything whith everything (!)
- Route signal (including to channel 3/4)
- Fm, AM/ring and sync mods
- Sine waveform on OSCs
- Pure math digital OSCs, LFOs and envelopes
- Macro pitch
- Random waveform (and glide one) on LFOs
- LFO frequency up to 100Hz
- Decay up to 30s on envelopes.
What would be totally brillant:
- Offset as source on modulation matrix
- Bypass (and clear) modulation
- Mix on detune
- Single mod on LFOs
- Copy/paste modulation
- Audio input
- A couple of macro controls.
What would be fantastic:
- Adjust curves
- Second filter
- Use own waveforms on OSCs and LFOs (root subfolders w/ them)
- Rise/fall as source on modulation matrix
- PWM on saw waveform and LFO as well
- Trigers on LFOs and envelopes
- Link mod matrix between synths on chain
- Scale source slot on modulation matrix.
What is not necessary:
- So much voices on polyphony (about 8 is enough)
- Sub OSC on digital synth (a way better 1 normal OSC instead of 2 subs)
- FXs on digital synth.
Thank you much.
BTW Deducktion made me sign in to KVR :)
And I don't know why but that reminds my about Gizmoduck :).
Reviewed By V-Future
October 1, 2018
This is a great basic synth, I love the oscillators, very useful for simple sounds like that old 80's style pop music, synthpop, retrowave etc. I would like to add an FM oscillator like in Synth1 and a phase knob, that's what it needs to be perfect. The filter responds really well, warm sound, the GUI is very functional. A lot of bugs were fixed, which is good. Best freeware synth I've used in 2018, 5 stars deserved.Read more
Reviewed By lawramono
September 9, 2018
this is the kinda synth ive been.
looking for. A basic synth with a modulation matrix..Read more