EA-1 Synthesis is a Kontakt 5 library featuring the sound of the Korg Electribe EA-1. The library features TB-303 alike basses, gritty synths, smooth keys, lofi FXs, atmospheric soundscapes and resonating retro synth leads. The overall sound of the EA-1 is lofi.
EA-1 Synthesis has a scripted interface which includes:
- FX rack with distortion, chorus, fuzz, saturation, lo-fi, delay and reverb effects.
- Filters with 2 x LFO, an ADSR and a Step Sequencer.
- Amp with 2 x LFO, an ADSR and a Step Sequencer.
- Equalizer, Compressor, Stereo and Transient controls.
- 3 x layers Kontakt 5 engine with sub and vinyl crackles.
Although EA-1 Synthesis is best suited for minimal techno and IDM music production, famous artists such as Throbbing Gristle, Orbital, Daft Punk, Like A Tim, Crystal Distortion and Cirrus have all used the Korg EA-1 to create other genre of music.