|Product||Eddie Kramer PIE Compressor|
|Type / Tags||Dynamics (Compressor / Limiter)|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
Developed in association with producer/engineer Eddie Kramer, the PIE Compressor was precision-modeled on a vintage Pye compressor like the ones he used in historic sessions at London's Olympic Studios. A mainstay in esteemed British studios throughout the classic rock era, the original Pye processors are considered by many to be among of the best buss compressors of all time. The Waves PIE plug-in features a meticulously modeled VU meter with super-fast refresh rates that recreates the accuracy, sensitivity, and ballistic behavior of a physical analog meter.
- Analog noise & hum for added realism.
- Compression and limiting modes.
- Auto-makeup gain.
- Up to 24-bit 192kHz resolution.
- Mono and Stereo components.
- Threshold sets the gain reference point beyond which compression begins.
- Ratio controls the amount of gain reduction for signal above the threshold.
- Decay Time (Release Time) sets the recovery speed of the gain attenuation when the input drops below the threshold.
- Output sets the output level.
- Meter Select toggles between Input, Output, and Gain Reduction metering.
- Analog controls analog characteristics caused by noise floor and hum, based on the power supplies of the original units.
- VU Meter displays input or output level in dBVU.
- Clip LED lights up when levels exceed 0 dBFS.
- VU Calibrate controls the VU meter headroom calibration.
Reviewed By jam92189
August 14, 2012
Just did a review on another plugin in the bundle and thought why not do this one to.
Now this compressor is nice its very clean and clear with just a nice smooth sound. To be honest I find the SSL comp a little muddy for my taste and I think this one is way better.
and yea not much really to say about it. its pretty straight forward. its a good low CPU hit and stable plugin.
the sound it really nice. Its not always what I need but good for vocals or a bus when my stripbus is not giving me what I need.
the controls are pretty easy to get you have a threshold a makeup gain ratio and release speed. I usually set it to about 2:1 ratio and just use gentle compression. I love the clean open sound it has and yea that is about it.
its a compressor you all should know how they work by now anyway.
but as far as the sound goes I would say its clean open sounding and pretty good at not destroying the dynamics
sorry for any spelling problems I am being lazy
lets see remember to use your ears because like any compressor it can sound like crap but it sounds amazing I love this thing and use it all the time whenever I want a nice clean open soundRead more