|Type / Tags||Synth (Hybrid)Synth (Analogue / Subtractive)Synth (FM)Synth (Phase Distortion)Synth (Physical Modeling)Synth (Sample Based)Synth (Wavetable)|
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 / ME (32-bit or 64-bit); Intel Pentium4 compatible CPU
Mac OS X 10.4 or higher; PowerPC, G4, G5 or Intel Mac (32 or 64-bit)
|Copy Protection||Key File|
Electra2 is equipped with a high quality sound engine, multi layer support and a large range of music production features, all using a friendly hands-on interface that ensures first-timers can easily create sounds and experts can take their designs as deep as they want to.
Featuring 1200 production-ready sounds designed by professional sound designers. A comfortable patch browser to give an instant overview of all available sounds, together with an on-screen keyboard to audition them from within the patch browser.
Electra2 provides many user-friendly control options to tweak factory sounds or craft new ones. Each of its 4 layers consists of a powerful multitimbral synthesizer with 14 different synthesis methods.
- Electra2 uses a multilayer architecture which gives access to multiple synthesizers at the same time within one interface.
- Each of its 4 layers works as an independent full featured multitimbral synthesizer consisting of up to 54 oscillators, dual multi-mode filters, a flexible modulation system, effects section and its own arpeggiator.
- Edit sounds per layer or edit multiple layers simultaneously. Separate synthesizer layers can be saved and loaded, which offers the possibility to save a layer from a patch and load it back into another patch.
- Electra2's sample capabilities offer the possibility to load and manipulate samples, which are optionally auto-tuned when loaded.
- Samples can be played back in single, loop mode or loop markers can be used to set an autoloop. The sample engine features an edit menu with a wide selection of loop, tune and sample edit options, as well as 12 effects to further process samples.
- A special quick import sample and quick Vocoder menu option is provided to guide through setting up a sample or vocoder patch.
Oscillators and Synthesis:
- Electra2 offers a selection of 14 different types of synthesis. The synthesis types range from traditional ones like the classic Virtual Analog, Wavetable, Subtractive, Phase Distortion and FM synthesis, up to Physical Modeling, Ultra-saw, Vocoder, Sync, Ringmod, PWM, Noise, Wave-shaping and Tone2's exclusive Fractal synthesis.
- Each synthesis type was designed with attention to sound quality, musical potential and low CPU usage. Mix different types of synthesis within one or multiple layers, import samples, resynthesize a waveform or use a vocoder on one of the layers.
- Each layer within Electra2 contains two multi-mode filters with 37 unique filter types, 3 tone controls, as well as multi-mode distortions.
- These filter types range from traditional analog filters like Moog Low Pass, High Pass and Bandpass, up to digital ones like Vocal, Phaser, Aliaser and Fractal filters. A large number of these filter types are exclusive to Tone2.
- The filters are able to self-oscillate and most of the filter types use a special Analog control, which varies the amount of analog behavior applied by the filter. The filters use a real-time display to make it easy to see and understand what the filter is doing to the audio signal.
- A dual distortion unit completes this section with six different modes, which range from classic tube pre-amp distortions, through fuzz-box type distortion, all the way to wave shaping.
- 32 different effect processors are available from the effects section, ranging from reverb, delay, multi-tap delay, smart unison, trancegate, chorus, flanger and phaser, up to vocoder, tremolo, vibrato, surround encode, rotary, EQ, distortion, amp-simulation and compressor. A 'Reverb Infinity' effect is also included, which offers an endless reverb signal that continues on forever.
- Both a master effect, as well as 4 insert effects are provided to offer a wide variety of effect possibilities.
- Electra2 also offers smart micro tuning, which makes chords sound more fat and transparent at the same time. Optional punch and psychoacoustic features are also included to add a little kick to the sound.
- Electra2's multi layer architecture offers the possibility to have 4 arpeggiators at the same time, together with a host of editing features.
- The arpeggiator also supports optional advanced features such as autochords, pitch slides, legato, swing-shuffle and matrix integration.
- Electra2 features a modulation section for each of its layers. Modulation is done using fast and punchy-sounding envelopes, high quality LFOs which can be synchronized to BPM and modulate up to the audible range, as well as a step LFO which can be used to create rhythmic sequences or custom wave shapes.
- LFOs and envelopes each use a real-time display to make it easy to see changes and get an instant overview of which settings are used.
- Four synthesizers in one interface.
- High-end sound quality.
- Huge sonic range.
- High flexibility.
- 14 different synthesis methods which can be combined.
- Psychoacoustic processing.
- Low CPU, multicore processor support.
- Easy to use.
- 4x multi-timbral.
- Presets by professional sound designers.
- 38 exclusive analog modeled filter types.
- 45 oscillator types.
- 32 effect types; Master effect section with Equalizer.
- More than 1000 waveforms.
- 64x4 voices.
- MIDI learn.
- Customizable user interface with 4 skins.
- Standalone version for PC.
- Flexible preset management.
- Context sensitive help.
Features per synthesizer (4 synthesizers available):
- Several play modes: Monophonic, legato, polyphonic, glide.
- 3 multi-synthesis oscillators.
- Dual multimode filters.
- Dual multimode distortion/waveshaper.
- 3 LFOs (global or per voice) and a Step LFO, BPM syncable.
- Four Envelope generators.
- Insert effect, BPM syncable.
- Flexible modulation.
- Key splitting.
Synthesis methods & OSC features:
- Virtual analog.
- Sample playback and import of own samples with loop/sustain loop support.
- Wavetables with resynthesis function and the ability to load own waveforms.
- Ultrasaw (up to 18 detuned oscillators per voice).
- Fractal (a completely new synthesis method).
- Phase distortion.
- Physical modeling.
- Exclusive oscillator types.
- Analog oscillator drift modelling.
- Fat tuning.
32 warm sounding effect types:
- Reverbs: Hall, Cathedral, Room.
- Delays: Delay, Delay band, Ping Pong, Multitap.
- Chorus, Ensemble, Phaser, Flanger, Rotary.
- Trancegate, Compressor, Amp sim, Equalizer, Surround Encode.
38 exclusive filter types:
- 9 analog modeled filters with self oscillation: Lowpass/Highpass/Bandpass 12dB/18dB/24dB.
- High precision digital filters: Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Notch.
- Equalizers: LowShelf, HighShelf, Peak, Wide.
- Special types: Phaser, Comb+, Comb-, Vocals, Vocals2, Vocal AM, LP Shaped, LP AM, BP Boobs, M-Shape, Aliaser, Ringmod.
- Fractal filters.
Reviewed By quilys
June 2, 2018
♦ The Tone2 Electra2 is the sound designer's dream! It is probably the most complete synth I've ever seen. Four layers of synths, with three oscillators, two filters, four LFOs, four EG's, an ARP/Step Sequencer, an insert Fx on each layer, plus a master Fx slot. So, imagine stacking the four layers one on top of the other, and get a beast of twelve oscillators, eight Filters, four Independent ARPs/Step sequencers, four FXs, and a master FX on top of that! Wow.
♦ There are tons of synths out here these days, and which you gravitate to will really depend on how you like to work and your personal taste.Me, I like something that sounds great, is powerful, but no too complicated to use, tweak, and navigate. Electra2 hits each of those desires with ease. You don't have to be a scientist to use this synth and get a great sound, and to me that's a really powerful quality to have in a synth.
♦ Fourteen different type of synthesis can be used on any layer and/or oscillators. Pressing the Init button in the third row of main general interface will give you a drop down menu with all types of synthesis, allowing you to set it for all three oscillators at once. Later you can change that on any individual oscillator. We have almost all known old and modern synthesis modes along with one new unique one that Tone 2 added for this synthesizer: a Noise/Fractal mode. We even have good-old PWM and physical modeling for concocting some interesting hybrids between acoustic instruments and synthesized ones. Add to that the ability to import samples or to resynthesize wave and you have pretty powerful beast, especially considering that Electra 2 is very CPU friendly even with all four layers at work using different synthesis models, samples, vocoder or any other effect.
♦ This is a very powerful workhorse synth, with a distinctive fat, modern & creamy sound and a great palette of well-designed presets. There are all the synthesis modes that you can imagine, powerful sampler suitable for synthesis and a great array of implemented effects with dual fatty analog–digital filters. Add to that the user-friendly price, and you've got a summer-spring winner. It is not the power of different elements that makes this synthesizer so special; it is the unique character that can bring something new into your production, no matter how many synths or sounds you already have. We don't need just another synthesizer, we need something warm & fresh. And this one is definitively a modern, creamy, fat, analog & fresh sounding beast .Read more
Reviewed By CLAMM
December 5, 2015
Best damn synth plugin out there, and I have tried a whole lot of them.
First of all (and most important) sounds frigging GREAT.
Did I say it sounds.....GREAT?
For analog emulation--great. Old Moog? Yes. Old Arp? Yes. Old Roland? You bet.
For hip hop, single Osc, grunge, GREAT.
For Kraftwerk sequence/arpeggio, GREAT.
Even the Vocoder sounds GREAT.
When was the last time a synth plug in did that for you?
And it takes almost no CPU. How did they do it?
And it's very well and thoughtfully laid out.
Run don't walk and buy this VST. Borrow the money from your mom. Steal it from the donation plate at your church. God will understand! From the blind guy down the street. No I don't work for Tone2, I don't know any of them and have no affiliation, but I think these guys ought to win the Nobel prize. It's that damn good.Read more