The Music Matters Grade 5 Music Theory package is designed to extend your knowledge of music theory beyond the basics and help you to understand the different areas needed to pass your grade five exam. This series, presented to you by ABRSM Examiner Gareth Green, will guide you through each area step by step in a clear and informative manor, lesson by lesson. As well as the video tutorials the package includes a help-sheet covering all the different musical terms you are expected to learn for the exam.
This package contains a total of twelve videos and six documents, detailed below:
- Lesson 1 – The Tenor Clef.
- Lesson 2 – Keys for Grade 5.
- Lesson 3 – Enharmonic Conversion.
- Lesson 4 – Intervals.
- Lesson 5 – Transposition.
- Lesson 6 – Voices in Score.
- Lesson 7 – Irregular Time Signatures.
- Lesson 8 – Irregular Time Divisions.
- Lesson 9 - Chords.
- Lesson 10 - Cadences.
- Lesson 11 – Composing a Melody.
- Lesson 12 – Ornaments.
- Documents – The Circle of Fifths.
- Documents – Music Theory Terms for Grade 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.
The video tutorials in this package are in '.mp4' format. The easiest way to open the video file is to double-click the file and let your PC decide which default application should open the file. MP4 files can be opened with Windows Media Player and Quicktime as well as a number of other multi- format media players. If no program opens the MP4 file then you probably don't have an application installed that can view MP4 files. To fix this, we recommend downloading VLC player which is a free, cross-platform multimedia player that will play almost any video format including MP4 files.