|Product||HoRNet Channelstrip MK3|
|Type / Tags|
The HoRNet ChannelStrip MK3 is a versatile plugin designed for every day use, we designed a tool that you can put on every channel and gives you one EQ and two dynamics processors, everything you usually need to achieve a sweet mix.
In addition to the Equalizer an Dynamics sections the ChannelStrip MK3 includes:
- Six different signal path routings (ex. Expander -> EQ -> compresor for a typical drum setup, or EQ -> FET compressor -> OPTO compressor for a typical vocal setup).
- Analog emulation that adds saturation (each model has a different saturation type) and other non linearities.
- Oversampling where it matters, it means that each model has a different oversampling level when the option is activated so that the plugin always use least amount of CPU needed for the maximum quality.
- Effective metering: every module has its own input and output meter and level trim and since everything is built around analog models we have put there VU Meters instead of peak meters.
- Input and output peak meters, in case you need to know the maximum peak of the signal.
- Automatic gain staging, so that the plugin is fed with the perfect level for its internal analog engine.
Global bypass with constant monitoring level (when auto output is used)
The HoRNet ChannelStrip MK3 features one equalizer with a very sweet tone that has the classic controls of a large console equalizer, but with some experience tuned EQ curves. The EQ in the ChannelStrip MK3 has:
- Hi pass and Low pass filters.
- Hi Shelf inspired by the one found in a famous large console.
- Low Shelf inspired by the peculiar response of a famous passive EQ.
- Three parametric bands that with a wide Q range that can be used for tone shaping and surgical filtering.
We fit two dynamics processors in the ChannelStrip MK3 so that you can compress as much as you want. Each module has four different compression models, each with its peculiar analog characteristic emulated:
- VCA: inspired by the common compressors found in consoles, solid state feed forward versatile compression.
- FET: an emulation of the character of very fast vintage FET units, it's a feedback compressor and can be very aggressive.
- OPTO: inspired by a famous tube limiter, its feed forward and has a smooth response.
- Expander: works as a traditional gate/expander based on a VCA design.