|Type / Tags||Synth (Modular)Synth (Analogue / Subtractive)|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
HV-Formant is the worlds first "Heptaverton Surround" VSTi softsynth. It is based on a DIY modular subtractive synthesiser from the late seventies called the "Formant". The Formant was developed by C. Chapman and the DIY project was published in the Electronic magazine Elektor of 1977/78.
The HV-Surround format is an experimental surround format that Ftec-Audio has been developing since 2004. The format is based on 6 speakers equally distributed over a 360 degree circle around the listener (the seventh point). The principal is that the product in the centre, at the seventh point, the listener, is more than the sum of the six surrounding points (the sound production of the individual speakers).
- Stereo and HV-Surround play mode.
- 100% modular design.
- Flexible Monophonic, Polyphonic and Unison section.
- Unique 6 oscillator concept.
- Dynamic wave mixing and splitting.
- Open filter architecture.
- Multi curve envelopes.
- Internal or external colour coded controller assignment.
- Key hold memory with key add and remove function.
- Stereo or HV-surround pan, chorus and delay effects.
- 64 cell polyphonic sequencer, arpeggiator.
- Online Manual, Forum and patch exchange.