|Product||Ivory Upright Pianos|
|Type / Tags||Piano / Keys|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
Ivory II Upright Pianos features four different upright pianos, sampled with meticulous attention to detail to capture the unique personalities of these instruments. Ivory II Upright Pianos includes the Ivory II piano engine, custom-built by pre-eminent piano sound designer Joe Ierardi and engine architect George Taylor.
Ivory II Upright Pianos includes the following instruments:
- Modern Upright - A brand new Yamaha U5 upright: Yamaha uprights are widely regarded as the best uprights built today. The model U5 is the top of their upright line. Expertly tuned and regulated, it is a great piano for a modern pop, rock or jazz recording. Many musicians and producers love the way this upright sits in a mix and adds personality to the music.
- Vintage Upright - 1914 A.M. Hume upright: A big, American-made upright from the "golden age" of piano building, Hume pianos are highly regarded by knowledgeable piano technicians for their excellent build quality and resonant sound. This particular instrument was chosen for its tremendous tone and its all- original parts, which were carefully maintained over the years. This classic vintage American upright is perfect for blues, rock, vintage jazz or roots music, and yet versatile enough for virtually any style of music. Outstanding as a solo instrument or in the mix.
- Honky Tonk, Barroom Upright - 1915 Packard upright: Another big, old American upright with all original parts, though this instrument has enjoyed a more "colorful" life than the Hume. This particular piano comes by its barroom sound authentically, having been the house piano at the famous Cheers bar in Boston for many years. Custom detuned in the genuine "honky tonk" style, this beauty has loads of smoky, scotch-and-soda character.
- Tack Piano: A genuine, early 1900's, upright with real tacks in the hammers Like the Barroom Upright, this piano is the real deal, not a synthetic emulation. Custom prepared for our recording session with metal tacks inserted into the hammer felts, and "not perfectly" tuned, this instrument is a turn of the century classic. The Tack Piano is an authentic sound that continues to be used in everything from traditional period and roots music, to classic pop and modern experimental rock.
Highlights of Ivory II Upright Pianos:
- 4 hand selected Upright Pianos including:
- Yamaha U5 Modern Upright
- 1914 A.M. Hume Vintage Upright
- Honky Tonk, Barroom Upright
- Real Tack Piano
- Includes the Ivory II piano engine.
- More than 84 GB Core Library
- Up to 16 Velocity Layers
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for True Sympathetic String Resonance.
- Custom Upright Soundboard Emulation DSP
- Separate, selectable "creaks and clunks" layer, for added character.
- Pedal Noise Enhancements.
- Synthogy’s exclusive, powerful 32-bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, designed specifically for recreating the acoustic piano.
- Release samples triggered by velocity and duration.
- Timbre-shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities.
- All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 16 dynamic levels
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions.
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ.
- Customizable User Controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position and more.
- Tuning Tables
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations.
- Dozens of new programs and effects presets.
- Ivory II's "unified interface" feature enables you to use just a single instance, and one interface, to play and control all of Ivory II's pianos, no matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one, any two, or all three products, Ivory II's intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from one convenient interface.