GSi describes Key Performer as "the Swiss Army knife of the modern gigging keyboardist". It's a single software instrument which offers a wide variety of keyboard sounds that are used in almost all musical genres where a keyboardist is involved.
To summarize a few of its key features, it offers:
- Several classic keyboard sounds including pianos, electric pianos, synths, organs, etc.
- A sample playback section (aka "ROMpler") with "adaptive playback".
- A physical modeling classic Electric Piano.
- A physical modeling "Wurly" piano.
- A phase modulation synthesizer for the famous DX Piano.
- A Virtual Analog polyphonic synthesizer.
- A Virtual Tonewheel Organ with rotary speaker effect.
- Two effect slots with all the most famous effects.
- An AMP simulation section with overdrive.
- A global Reverb effect.
- 64 Programs per bank, 9 snapshots for organ sections and 9 for VA synth.
- Full MIDI implementation.
- Easy MIDI Learn.
- Huge efficiency with very low CPU power requirements.
- Simplicity of use: "Versatility, Stability, Expandability, Authenticity".