|Type / Tags||Modular SynthesizerCopperLanMIDI to CV|
|This is a Hardware product|
|Driver||See Operating System section below|
The MS-812 is an embedded computer board with integral 32-bits processing paths, using Ethernet network to Convert MIDI or CopperLan messages to CV and digital control voltages as used in modular and analog synthesizers. It offers 8 high-resolution CV outputs (octal 16-bits converter) and 12 digital outputs.
A dual SYNC24 interface is included as an alternative function on digital output jacks.
MS-812 are supplied ready to use, the actual linking is managed via the CopperLan Manager software (MAC OS, iOS & WIN 32/64). This freeware tool is also used to monitor the status of all CopperLan computers and equipment. The module can be controlled from any computer anywhere in the network.
A blue LED flashes with incoming notes and two red LEDs do the same for clock flows 1 and 2. This will help the user by giving a visual cue of the activity on these connections.
Features in MIDI mode:
- 100% MIDI compatible via CopperLan and/or MS-4 (7 bits resolution).
- Free assignment of MIDI channels and controllers.
- Full MIDI range (128 notes= 0 to plus 10 Volts 2/3).
- Multiple simultaneous clock outputs.
- MIDI to SYNC 24 converter.
- Eurorack 18 HP wide.
Features in CopperLan mode (Same as MIDI mode, plus):
- Full CopperLan pitch range in 16-bits resolution (minus to plus 10 Volts 2/3).
- Octal high-resolution static D/A converter - 16-bits from Analog Devices.
- Each CV Out can be used as note, setting or modulation.
- Each DIG Out can be assigned as a Gate, Clock, Reset, control.
- Voice ID management.
- Two externals for MAX available.
- VST/AU plugin allowing hi-resolution control & automation.