|Product||Neve 31102 / 31102SE Classic Console EQs|
|Type / Tags||EQ|
|Copy Protection||UAD Hardware Specific|
Boasting its own distinct filter shaping, yet with unmistakable Neve sheen and bite, the Neve 31102/SE EQ Powered Plug-In provides another step in the evolution of classic Neve EQs, according to Universal Audio. Originally featured in the Neve 8068 console, the 31102 EQ was used to mix one of the best-selling debut albums of all time, Appetite For Destruction by Guns-N-Roses.
Universal Audio's officially licensed and endorsed Neve 31102 EQ Powered Plug-In delivers the same sonic experience as its analog cousin with exacting detail, according to Universal Audio. Three-band active EQ and High/Low filters offer enhanced tone-shaping possibilities and a feature complexity that sits squarely between its legendary cousins, the 1073 and the 1081.
- Neve licensed and endorsed, Universal Audio-modeled 31102 EQ.
- 3-band active EQ and High/Low filters modeled after legendary Neve 8068 console.
- Unique coloring with its own distinct filter shaping versus previous Neve analog EQ designs.
- Filter response curves modeled to exacting detail.
- "Level Adjust" Gain control with original 30dB gain range.
- Neve 31102SE 'DSP-lite' version yields higher instance count.
- Requires a UAD DSP Accelerator Card available from authorized dealers worldwide.
- HF = 10,12, 16k shelf with +/- 18 db of gain.
- MF = switchable frequency (7.2k 4.8, 3.2, 1.6, .7 and .35 kHz) peak or trough parametric EQ with Lo and Hi Q.
- LF = switchable frequency (220, 110, 60 and 35 Hz) low shelving EQ.
- HP = switchable frequency (45, 70, 160 and 360 Hz) high pass filter.
- LP = switchable frequency (6, 8, 10, 14 and 18 kHz) low pass filter.
- Clicking band symbols causes cycling of switchable frequency selections.
- "Level Adjust" gain control via original 30dB gain range.
- Clicking on "OFF" silkscreen adjacent to Input knob causes the knob to move to OFF position; Clicking OFF a second time causes the knob to return to its last input gain setting.
- Phase and "EQL" EQ bypass switches.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).