Ocean Way Studios provides the unique ambience and dispersion properties of various sources in the rooms at Ocean Way, as recorded through a selection of rare vintage microphones that can be dynamically positioned in real time via a simple click-and-drag interface. Ideal mic selections and placements are provided in both Ocean Way Recording's "Studio A" and "Studio B " — the exact rooms and setups used to record some of the biggest acts of all time.
The beautifully balanced, performance-inspiring rooms of Ocean Way Recording have shaped the sound of countless classic records, from Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles to Michael Jackson and Radiohead. The man at the helm of Ocean Way Recording for more than two decades, Allen Sides, provided guidance, sonic tuning, and access to his $250,000 collection of vintage microphones throughout the Ocean Way Studios design process.
- Breakthrough acoustic emulations of Ocean Way Recording's legendary Studio A and Studio.
- Dynamic Room Modeling combines room, microphone, and source models for unprecedented realism.
- Incorporates sonic profiles of vintage microphones from Allen Side's world-renowned collection.
- Includes mic bleed and mic proximity effects for stunning accuracy.
- Choose from eight instrument / vocal source types with unique dispersion patterns.
- Position and blend between three vintage mic pairs (Near / Mid / Far) in real time.
- Use in "Reverb" mode, mixing wet and dry signal; or "Re-Mic" mode, replacing your original room and mic sounds altogether.
- Preset mic selections, placements and creative direction by Ocean Way's Allen Sides.
A Note about UAD Powered Plug-ins
UAD-2 and UAD-1 Powered Plug-Ins run exclusively on Universal Audio's UAD DSP Accelerator Cards. All available Powered Plug-Ins are included in the UAD Software Installer/Updater Package; and every Plug-In title has a separately activated 14-day trial -- so users can try before they buy, at their own pace. Once a user decides to purchase a Plug-In, they can click on the Plug-In toolbar "Buy" button, which automatically takes them to the www.uaudio.com website and carts the plug in; or this can be done manually via browsing our webstore. Once the purchase is complete, a downloadable Authorization File is made available. Users simply drag and drop this Auth. File into the UAD meter, and the Plug-In is authorized. UAD-1 users can transfer Plug-In licenses to UAD-2 format for free (one time only). Via Customer Support, Universal Audio also allows registered UAD owners to sell their UAD card(s) with Plug-In licenses, transferring the licenses to the new card owner (subject to Universal Audio approval).