|Product||Pandemic Multiband Autopan|
|Type / Tags||AutopanMulti Band|
Pandemic Multiband Autopan is a wholly unorthodox device. It features 3 bands, each one complete with a panner, stereo imager, phase and spin controls, and a modulation section which can generate anything from subtle, organic variations to creative, controlled chaos.
- X-Over A 3 band neutral cross-over. This allows you to select which specific frequencies are effect. Selectable frequencies range from 50Hz to 10'000Hz.
Per Band Controls:
- On/Off Switches individual bands on and off, transforming Pandemic into a single, double or triple autopan unit.
- Solo/Mute/Bypass Essential tools to help you fine-tune your sound.
- Stereo Image An M/S Mixer. This allows you to increase or decrease the stereo width, which gives you tighter control over the final panning effect.
- Pan A simple pan knob.
- LFO Type Selects between 6 classic LFO shapes (Sine, Triangle, Square, Saw, Inverse Saw, Double Saw).
- LFO Amp Controls the amount of LFO applied to the signal.
- LFO Freq Controls the frequency of the LFO applied to the signal. Speeds range from 0.05Hz to 90Hz (un-synced) or 1/64 to 8/1 (synced). Un-synced speeds over 20Hz will start to create interesting, tuned buzzing effects, whose tones will be determined by the LFO Type.
- Amp Mod Amount Controls the amount of modulation applied to the LFO Amp.
- Amp Mod Freq Controls the frequency of the modulation applied to the LFO Amp. Combined with Amp Mod Amount, this control allows you to create constantly evolving stereo effects that rise and fall, either robotically or organically.
- Freq Mod Amount Controls the amount of modulation applied to the LFO Freq.
- Freq Mod Freq Controls the frequency of the modulation applied to the LFO Amp. Combined with Amp Mod Amount, this control allows you to create constantly evolving stereo effects that can be set to drift in and out of sync.
- Phase/Spin In phase mode, this allows you to fade smoothly between panning and gating effects. In Spin mode, it decouples the left and right LFO frequencies causing the audio to "spin" around the stereo field.
- Mode Selects between Phase and Spin mode.
- Offset This control offsets the phase of both the left and right amp mod LFO in unison. This is especially useful in Sync mode, and allows you to create inverse square LFO wave forms, and other such effects.
- Sync Syncs all three LFOs to the song's tempo.
- Mix Crossfades between the panned audio signal, and one which has been totally unaffected by any of the preceding effects. This is useful to tame overly extreme effects, or can even be modulated by CV to create further variations.
- Volume Controls the output volume of the band in question.
Even More Modulation:
- The majority of the controls can be freely modulated by external CV. This allows you to create even more extreme effects, or replace our built-in modulation options with an external source.
Check out our audio samples to get an idea of what is possible.