£125 / €149
|Type / Tags||Drum SynthDrum Sampler|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Punch combines sampled and synthesized drums in a high quality percussive instrument.
With Punch, Rob Papen delivers a brand new speaker busting, body rattling software instrument. Punch delivers synthesized drums in the finest audio quality and with features for the contemporary producer.
You can can use synthesis to build your own unique sounding drum-kit, but also your own samples can be loaded into Punch to complete your kit. Your sounds can then be crafted using the features, filters and synth power we all know from other RP synthesizers.
Punch has a unique sound but also a built in sequencer, allowing you the user to have multiple patterns at your finger tips. These grooves can be triggered in a live environment to build a song, but are also great for just improvisation and jamming.
Also featured are drum-kits built by famous DJs.
- 2 Bass Drum with 4 different models and 18 built in samples.
- 2 Snare Drum with 2 models and 33 built in samples.
- 2 Open Hihat and 2 Closed Hihat, with 3 models and 12 built in samples.
- 3 Toms with 2 models and 8 built in samples.
- 2 Claps with 3 models, and 13 built in samples.
- 3 User Drum, with 5 models and 37 samples.
- 8 Dual Sample slot, each with there own amp / pitch envelopes & filter and filter envelope.
- Each drum has its own 'easy controls', distortion (20 different models), output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx / output channels), and choke groups.
- Each drum can be preview and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad.
- Punch has its own internal sequencer which can play 8 different patterns of up to 16 steps long (4 Grooves & 4 Break patterns), these having a swing and humanization controls.
- Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks, each track having it's own drum output.
- Each step in each track can have different velocity, panning, pitch, envelope speed & flaming, and each pattern also has two free step values which can be used to modulate controls.
- Punch has 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs and 8 modulation slots, which allow you to use a wide variety of modulation sources to control Punch's parameters.
- The Mixer screen shows the volume & panning of all the controls, plus the fx mix & panning, allows you to easily mix the drum sounds.
- Easy to use sliders allow to alter the main controls on the fly during use.
FX 1 to 4:
- 4 FX, each with 25 different type of fx (delays, reverbs, chorus, distortions, etc.), which can arrange in 5 different ways. In the multi-channel version of Punch, these fx are output to the different output channels.
- Full Manager screen, which show you all the presets, banks & presets, allow you to load, save, copy & paste etc them, including the powerful find function.
Reviewed By TheNeverScene
June 25, 2017
I've been on the fence about sinking a good chuck of money into a drum synth for quite a while. Up until now, I've gotten great results from the freebies, vsti's as well as one shot samples. I first checked out Punch about 3 years ago and have been drooling over it ever since, but I was skeptical about it's Windows XP 32-bit compatability. After a recent PC upgrade, I started weighing my options again. Tried uTonic (sounds fantastic, but IMO is too limited for an all-in-one drum synth option), tried Tremor (way too big a CPU hit, even on my 3.5 Xeon with 24G ram). Punch just "worked" for me...synthesis, sampler, sequencer, built in effects (fuzz distortion is fantastic btw, reminds me of running my hardsynth into a Boss FZ-2 HyperFuuzz at times). Within minutes, my electro drums took leaps and bounds.
Bottom line? Sounds great, easy to program, low CPU hit. Buy it.
Reviewed By hivkorn
January 4, 2016
I got it since a few days, it is included with the explorer III bundle, what can i say about it ? ...
I got a lot of drums VST, audiorealism drums machine, spark 2 with spark LE controller, all the spark add on (EDM, Dubstep ....), Tremors ...
Rob Papen is just the best, everything is easy to use, it sound really good and inspiring.The FX section is really good.
In fact, the Rob Papen explorer III is a killer deal...a must have, I recommend to try it before buy, because we don't have all the same taste and needs ;)