|Product||Reed Collection for Kontakt|
|Developer||Purgatory Creek Soundware|
|Type / Tags||Piano / KeysElectric PianoKontakt InstrumentPianetWurlitzer 200a|
|Kontakt 4Kontakt 5|
Reed Collection for Kontakt
The Purgatory Creek Soundware Reed Collection features deeply sampled recreations of four classic reed-based electro-mechanical pianos. Included is the 200a, probably the most popular of the reed-based pianos heard on many recordings with its iconic, warm sound. As the 140b was manufactured in the 1960s it's pretty rare find today, but these early instruments were some of the first portable pianos used by many now legendary artists. The Pianet N is also very rare, but during the 1960s it made its mark on numerous recordings. With a tone closer to the 200a/140b, it is still a distinctive, vibrant sound. One of the most portable electro-mechanical pianos you'll find is the Pianet T. While its sound is not as tonally expressive as other instruments, it does possess a unique, intimate sound.
The samples are highly detailed, incorporating as many as 10 velocity layers. Release samples are also included.
- Reed EP 200a – most popular model from the 1970s.
- Reed EP 140b – Rare find from the 1960s possessing a warm, funky tone.
- Pianet N – Another rare instrument made famous on numerous recordings.
- Pianet T – Very portable instrument with a unique, intimate sound.
- Four Classic reed-based electro-mechanical instruments.
- Deeply sampled at up to 10 velocity layers for the full duration, so you will hear neither loops nor artificial envelope decays.
- Release samples with level control.
- Velocity response setting allowing the user to tailor the instrument to their playing style and controller keyboard action.
- Includes standard effects such as vibrato/tremolo, phaser and amp/speakers.
- Requires full version of Native Instruments' Kontakt 4.2.4 or higher.
- The product is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.
Price: $39.95 for the Reed Collection. Instruments can be purchased individually for $20.