$259 SantaCruzEQ12, $189 SantaCruzEQ6
|Type / Tags||EQMinimum PhaseMixing and MasteringParametric Equalizer|
Windows 7 and newer, 32 & 64-bit
macOS 10.8 and newer
Analog architectures, twelve in all, that will take your work out of the ordinary
Available for both Windows and macOS, SantaCruzEQ builds on the unique, high performance foundation of our own thEQblue, while bringing that reference quality to a wider audience. SantaCruzEQ is a collection of up to twelve minimum phase equalizer architectures, all employing 80 bit floating point internal precision. We reverse engineered a variety of well respected hardware EQs, creating idealized digital versions from that inspiration. Rather than models or simulations that carry analog "baggage," SantaCruzEQ has no noise, distortion or other secondary effects inherited from analog.
- Six (SantaCruzEQ6) or 12 (SantaCruzEQ12) minimum phase architectures, including proportional, Constant–Q, Ideal Q, symmetrical and asymmetrical plus feed forward/feedback and passive LC parallel styles.
- Up to one dozen different equalizer types (SantaCruzEQ12): 10 serial & 2 parallel.
- Up to 12 PEQ styles for every job: classic, vintage, modern and proprietary.
True high resolution emulation of analog equalizers, not modeling: no added noise, distortion or other non–linearities.
- Operates at up to 384 kHz sampling rate, suitable for high resolution audio (HRA) and gaming production and post.
- 80 bit internal maths for very low distortion performance.
- Extended resonant or center frequencies up to 174.14 kHz, for processing in ultrasonic and near ultrasonic for all HRA, game production and post.
- Six Sections, four with freely assignable parametric filter types; bell, 1st & 2nd order low and high shelf, 1st & 2nd order low and high cut. First and last Section offer multi–order cut and multi–order shelving filters (no peaking type).
Bell filters in all architectures are normalized at +6 dB of gain and Q of 0.7 for quick aural comparisons between architectures.
- 5 freely assignable Panorama modes; stereo, mono (sum), L-R (difference), left–only and right–only.
- Extremely low noise and low nonlinear distortion algorithms result in residual THD+N significantly lower than 24-bit quantization noise.
- Adjustable Q for bell and slope for cut filters make musical adjustments easy.
- Adjustable slope for shelving filters improve precision in the pass and stopbands.
- Additional low and high pass filters can be overlapped to achieve steep "brickwall" slopes.
- Special oversampling for analog–like filter characteristics when working with baseband (44.1 & 48 kHz) sample rates.
- Inbuilt tone generator makes for quick location of trouble spots.
- SORT function organizes active Sections in ascending order.
Parameter editing via numerical fields or directly on the Graph.
- AutoGain for effortless A/B comparisons.
- Included True Peak metering for optimal gain staging.
Presets & default state preference for quick setup and comparison.
Band grouping function lets you simultaneously alter ƒ, Q and gain for multiple Sections.
- Resizable frequency response display for easy, high precision adjustments.
- Section solo and FLIP make quick work of problem frequencies.
- Rename architectures to suit your style.
- Choice of parametric editing via numerical fields or directly on the graphical display.
- Complete preset exchange across multiple instances.
- Automatic latency compensation with all modern DAWs.