|Developer||Blind Dog Designs|
|Type / Tags||Synth|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Shepherd is an Audio-Unit/VST instrument plug-in based on sub-period mixing: instantaneous alternation between waveform oscillators over shorter than period-length time segments:
- Two oscillators per voice (plus sub-period mixing), with triangle/saw, square/pulse, and trapezoid/saw continuous waveforms.
- Seven parameters (five of which are modulatable) dictate sub-period mixing.
- DADSR, AHDSR (with repeat), IADSR, and ADSR (host-syncable) envelopes simultaneously available.
- Three LFOs per voice, each with swing.
- Additional modulation from each oscillator, keyboard tracking, note velocity, random elements, and a unison ladder (with controllable asymmetry).
- Drag-and-drop allows intuitive chaining, bypassing, and reordering of modulation assignments.
- Visual elements generated dynamically for modulation assignments allow single-level GUI layout with no menus/pages.
A demo version is available that works for 30 minutes before needing to be reloaded.