SN03/SN03-G is a tape sound emulation plug-in not based on tape speed or tape type (nor particular brand of tape machine). It takes the key components of analog tape recorders and gives the user tools to create a properly calibrated "custom tape machine" that operates in the range of 7.5 to 30 IPS, while conforming to NAB, IEC, and AES equalization standards. The plug-in is designed with ASIO/CPU footprint that allows use of many instances for cumulative effect.
- input gain +/- 24dB.
- output gain +/- 24dB.
- NAB, IEC (15 IPS), AES (30 IPS) EQ modes.
- adjustable recording EQ (LF +/- 10dB, HF +/- 14dB).
- adjustable reproduction EQ (LF +/- 10dB, HF +/- 14dB).
- adjustable "head bump" frequency from 65Hz to 105Hz.
- adjustable "head bump" gain from 1dB to 8dB.
- "head bump" bypass.
- tape hiss gain +/-30dB from ca. -76dBFS (RMS).
- tape hiss on/off switch.
- complete I/O VU metering.
- "Anarchy" button -- to defy some norms;).
...and tape saturation, of course.