|Product||Symptohm:Melohman Performer Edition|
|Type / Tags||Synth (Hybrid)|
Symptohm:Melohman Performer Edition is a simplified version of Ohm Force's Symptohm:Melohman power-synth, especially made for live use - but also handy in the studio.
The core of the synth, its oscillators and all the filters, are there: it's the same audio engine as the 'normal' version. The only difference is that they're all already programmed / fixed for each one of the (up to 1200) patches from Symptohm's sound library, the result being a simple and straight forward interface. So you won't worry about tweaking knobs in the plug-in interface, being able instead to focus on live preset morphing using your MIDI keyboard controller and the Melohman feature. The MIDI mapping for each plug-in parameter is still there too. Last, but not least, try setting your own samples instead of the default ones, and get an intuitive and fun experience.
Symptohm:Melohman comprises three stages: the synthesis engine, the mixer, and the filter bank. In brief Symptohm:Melohman is a four-oscillator synth: 2 sample-based SyncGrain oscillators (SGOs), a sub, and a noise generator, plus a ring modulator based on the sub one. The sound sources can be processed in a variety of ways before feeding a mixer that supplies a 4 bus filter bank based on Ohm Force's Quad Frohmage plug-in.
Symptohm:Melohman's twin main oscillators are sample-based - additional sub and noise oscillators are also provided - so, as you would expect, the results from playing the patches are somewhat different than a synth based on standard waveforms. However, there's nothing stopping you using samples of sine, triangle, or whatever waveform you fancy, of course.
Symptohm:Melohman offers a range of unique sounds, giving you the scope to create your own unique sound. From spectacular pads to heavy bass, unreal drum kits and strange ambient textures, your playing style will define your sound.
Standard Ohm Force product features:
- Useful presets instant variable transitions where all the parameters switch from the old value to the new one "in a ballet you won't forget".
- MIDI automation: allows control of all parameters from any MIDI source and records its movements. With the MIDI feature, it's also possible to adjust the LFO phase to get accurate tempo synchronization and to obtain totally musical and rhythmic effects. All RPN and NRPN data sent or recorded are 14-bit accurate.
- Easy MIDI configuration with Auto-Bind feature. Select a knob on the screen, activate the Auto-Bind and move a controller knob on your MIDI device: the parameter will be automatically bound to the chosen knob.
- Fast configuration: Save MIDI configurations into files and reload them to avoid repeating the same operations each time you load the plug-in. Advanced MIDI support with autobind feature and fast configuration.
- Tempo synchronization: Instantly matches the exact beat of your track.
- High quality DSP algorithm: great sound quality.
- Sampling rate up to 384 kHz.
- Graphic user interface with big, precise and smooth buttons. With SubPixel technology for more definition.
- Move several buttons at once, with group selection and side-click. Advanced GUI full of live-performance features, such as flying knobs, preset morphing, and grouped parameters.