Analog architectures, twelve in all, that will take your work out of the ordinary
Available for both Windows and macOS, thEQblue builds on the groundbreaking foundation of Algorithmix's Classic PEQ Blue, while bringing that reference quality into the 21st Century. thEQblue is a collection of up to twelve minimum phase equalizer architectures, all employing 80 bit floating point internal precision. We reverse engineered a variety of well respected hardware EQs, creating idealized digital versions from that inspiration. Rather than models or simulations that carry analog "baggage," thEQblue has no noise, distortion or other secondary effects inherited from analog.
- Six (thEQblue6) or 12 (thEQblue12) minimum phase architectures, including proportional, Constant–Q, Ideal Q, symmetrical and asymmetrical plus feed forward/feedback and passive LC parallel styles.
- Up to one dozen different equalizer types: 10 serial & 2 parallel.
- Up to 12 PEQ styles for every job: classic, vintage, modern and proprietary.
True high resolution emulation of analog equalizers, not modeling: no added noise, distortion or other non–linearities.
- Operates at up to 384 kHz sampling rate, suitable for high resolution audio (HRA) and gaming production and post.
- 80 bit internal maths for very low distortion performance.
- Extended resonant or center frequencies up to 174.14 kHz, for processing in ultrasonic and near ultrasonic for all HRA and game production and post.
- 12 Sections with 5 freely assignable parametric filter types; bell, 1st & 2nd order low and high shelf, 1st & 2nd order low and high cut.
Bell filters in all architectures are normalized at +6 dB of gain and Q of 0.7 for quick aural comparisons between architectures.
- 5 freely assignable Panorama modes; stereo, mono (sum), L-R (difference), left–only and right–only.
- Extremely low noise and low nonlinear distortion algorithms result in residual THD+N significantly lower than 24-bit quantization noise.
- Adjustable Q for bell and slope for cut filters make musical adjustments easy.
- Adjustable slope for shelving filters improve precision in the pass and stopbands.
- Additional low and high pass filters can be overlapped to achieve steep "brickwall" slopes.
- Special oversampling for analog–like filter characteristics when working with baseband sample rates (44.1 & 48 kHz).
- Inbuilt tone generator makes for quick location of trouble spots.
- SORT function organizes active Sections in ascending order.
- TUNE function aligns center frequencies to Western tunings.
- Grid snap toggles between surgical and musical applications, emulating popular hardware resonant frequency choices, including Maselec and Manley.
Parameter editing via numerical fields or directly on the Graph.
Tunable Keyboard so that the sonogram aligns with material's tuning.
- AutoGain for effortless A/B comparisons.
- Included True Peak metering for optimal gain staging.
Presets & default state preference for quick setup and comparison.
Band grouping function lets you simultaneously alter ƒ, Q and gain for multiple Sections.
- Resizable frequency response display for easy, high precision adjustments.
- Section solo and FLIP make quick work of problem frequencies.
- Rename architectures to suit your style.
- Exclusive dual view, monochrome/color real time optional spectrogram with user adjustable temporal wiper lets you choose "when" to transition to low clutter monochrome.
- Choice of parametric editing via numerical fields or directly on the graphical display.
- Complete preset exchange across multiple instances.
- Automatic latency compensation with all modern DAWs.