ThrillseekerLA - digital stereo leveling amplifier with truly analog qualities.
At a glance:
- Sophisticated and deep gain riding full of musical character and attitude but with virtually no inter-modulation (IM) distortion artifacts
- Feedback compression design w/o any samplerate based delay in the loop.
- Classic input level driven two knob design with additional manual attack and release time interventions.
- Highly program dependent envelope timing adoption offering attack times ranging from "instantaneously" up to around 100ms and release times from 30ms up to several seconds.
- Mix level switch to adopt the plug-ins internal gain staging to mixing levels at around -18dBFS.
- Custom SC filter option to attenuate the SC bass response while slightly boosting the HF spectrum.
- Additional one pole (6dB per octave) SC low-cut filter adjustable from 20 to 500Hz.
- External sidechain support.
- Switchable Input/GR/Output metering display.
- Variable compression range control from 0 to 100%.
ThrillseekerLA not only introduces way smooth gain riding capabilities but first and foremost features a non-linear amplifier stage which is based on a non-linearity with memory yielding creamy signal coloration duties:
- Custom algorithms based on a true stateful non-linear saturation model.
- Compression and load dependent 2nd order harmonic distortion generation.
- Controllable odd order total harmonic distortion generation.
- Six individual preset distortion profiles offering different tonal qualities like warmth and top-end sheen or simply improved depth perception.
- Authentic audio transformer simulation including typical LF distortions as well as frequency and load dependent analog circuit effects.
- Requires Win32 compatible system with SSE2 (or higher) instruction set support.
- Tested and known to work in many VST compatible hosts.
- Advanced DSP processing.
- Assembler optimized audio engine.
ThrillseekerLA will be released in Q1/2012 under a freeware license.