|Developer||Variety Of Sound|
|Type / Tags||CompressorDynamics (Compressor / Limiter)|
ThrillseekerLA - digital stereo leveling amplifier with truly analog qualities.
At a glance:
- Sophisticated and deep gain riding full of musical character and attitude but with virtually no inter-modulation (IM) distortion artifacts
- Feedback compression design w/o any samplerate based delay in the loop.
- Classic input level driven two knob design with additional manual attack and release time interventions.
- Highly program dependent envelope timing adoption offering attack times ranging from "instantaneously" up to around 100ms and release times from 30ms up to several seconds.
- Mix level switch to adopt the plug-ins internal gain staging to mixing levels at around -18dBFS.
- Custom SC filter option to attenuate the SC bass response while slightly boosting the HF spectrum.
- Additional one pole (6dB per octave) SC low-cut filter adjustable from 20 to 500Hz.
- External sidechain support.
- Switchable Input/GR/Output metering display.
- Variable compression range control from 0 to 100%.
ThrillseekerLA not only introduces way smooth gain riding capabilities but first and foremost features a non-linear amplifier stage which is based on a non-linearity with memory yielding creamy signal coloration duties:
- Custom algorithms based on a true stateful non-linear saturation model.
- Compression and load dependent 2nd order harmonic distortion generation.
- Controllable odd order total harmonic distortion generation.
- Six individual preset distortion profiles offering different tonal qualities like warmth and top-end sheen or simply improved depth perception.
- Authentic audio transformer simulation including typical LF distortions as well as frequency and load dependent analog circuit effects.
- Requires Win32 compatible system with SSE2 (or higher) instruction set support.
- Tested and known to work in many VST compatible hosts.
- Advanced DSP processing.
- Assembler optimized audio engine.
ThrillseekerLA will be released in Q1/2012 under a freeware license.
Reviewed By jam92189
March 2, 2012
a very interesting take on a compressor saturation plug. first impressions its actually really nice the saturation is controlled by a little drop down menu with different saturation styles. it sounds very nice on guitars and on drums not what i would use on on a master bus but still very good and smooth. sadly no 64bit so its not going to get as much use as it should from me but from my first impressions its a great free comp that out shines some pricy ones. i find that its looks and feel are very quick and easy to figure out and the distortion types are actually very very good. thumbs up for this one. this is defiantly a keeper for those who use want a good free plug that will not sound like crap.Read more