€239 (€99 intro)
|Type / Tags||Discrete Gyrator EQEQEqualizer|
The VSE-2 Plug-in is a meticulous emulation of Vertigo Sound's Discrete Gyrator EQ VSE-2. The VSE-2 software provides all the fine sonic details of its 6500$ analog counterpart plus some new additional options like switchable bandwidth and control of the harmonic content.
Features of the VSE-2 Plugin:
- A Painstaking Hardware Emulation With Discrete Sound.
- Maximum Musical Behavior.
- Extreme Eqing without penalties.
- Add silky presence and a big defined low end heft to your material instantly.
- Enhancement of the auditory threshold with our unique A.I.R. Mode.
What is a Gyrator?
Originally proposed in 1948, a gyrator is a type of electronic network that can be used at the heart of equaliser designs as an alternative to its even older inductor predecessor. Although inductors are still popular with some designers looking for a vintage sound, they have inherent issues like ringing and odd harmonics. On the other hand, gyrators can work better than the 'real thing' and give the designer more freedom, a factor put to work in the VSE-2 to create, among other things, a tube-like distortion spectrum.
Features found in VSE-2 Plugin Only:
- Frequency bands can be switched independently to "Broad" (Low Q).
- Additional Input and Output Trims to Avoid Internal Clipping Issues in your DAW.
- All levels can be set directly at the VSE-2 EQ stage.
- Harmonic Control with Drive LED.
VSE-2 Unique Features:
- Discrete Gyrator EQ based Hardware emulation.
- Tube like Distortion Spectrum up to 1% THD.
- Smooth and Punchy Vintage Console EQ Sound.
- Unique A.I.R Mode (Enhancement of the auditory threshold).
- 18 selectable frequencies.
- Hi Pass Filter 10Hz-400Hz.
- Cut & Boost steps +-: 1dB, 2dB, 3,5dB, 5,5dB, 8dB with proportional Q.
Reviewed By Lumin8ing
July 12, 2018
Fantastic Filter for enhancing both mixes and in mastering. No aliasing that i can detect at all. Smooth curves that seem to accentuate all the frequencies you want to hear and feel in your mix without adding in the stuff you don't want. The frequency selection is plenty good enough for me to create a tasty separation with all the tracks. What i liked the most was i became more creative while using it and less noticing issues or problems i had still to deal with. The more tracks i put it on the better mixes became. The VSE-2 is fast becoming one of my fav's and i am really glad i bought it. It won't be the only EQ i use in mixing. It will be one of the final EQs I use to add shape and flavor in deeply felt textures. Congratulations on a great plugin.Read more