|Type / Tags||SequencerCellular AutomataConwayGame of LifeGenerativeGridMatrixMatrix SequencerStep SequencerStochasticSubtractiveSynthSynthesizerTone MatrixTonematrix|
iOS 8.0 or later
Xynthesizr is a streamlined yet capable 32-step matrix sequencer/synthesizer with generative features and MIDI.
Create patterns and modify them in real time, or let Xynthesizr do it for you using its morphing algorithms. Change scale and key, or transpose within a scale on-the-fly. Tweak parameters of the internal synthesizer or output MIDI to your favorite apps and devices. Record and share your creations.
- MIDI support (including Virtual MIDI) for syncing and sending notes to synths, samplers and drum machines.
- Notes to MIDI channel mapping for driving multiple apps or devices simultaneously.
- MIDI input to control transposition with note messages and synthesizer/sequencer parameters with CC messages.
- Ableton Link support.
- Audiobus 3 support.
- Inter-App Audio support.
- 40+ bundled presets.
- Save, export and import your own patterns and presets.
- Record and export audio.
- Gestures to easily edit patterns on-the-fly.
- [Conway's Game of] Life-like cellular automata and probability-based pattern morphing.
- Limit pattern morphing to a selected area of the grid.
- Variable tempo, step length subdivision and pattern length.
- Variable velocity per step.
- Selectable keys and scales with ability to transpose in real time.
- An option to tie consecutive notes of same pitch to make longer notes.
- Shift and flip patterns.
- Create and use your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules.
- Color-coded octaves.
Synthesizer and FX features:
- 32-bit floating point sound engine.
- 16 voice polyphony.
- 2 antialiased oscillators per voice.
- 4 waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square).
- 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter.
- 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter cutoff frequency).
- 2 LFOs to modulate 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune).
- Stereo delay, reverb and randomized panner.
Reviewed By Soundscaper
March 6, 2019
Very clever idea this - but can with enough MIDI routing to some decent instruments it gives you a rather good improvisational jazz set up. Heaps of possibilities and potential. One of the most interesting apps I've used. Could do with a more humane interface but then everyone would be using it. :).Read more