Bitwig 5.2 BETA available

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fun fact. Polymer synth don’t have sine wave… Despite the fact it has few oscillators able to make sine wave. Because output is clipped by default.
Decisions of people making the daw highly inadequate…

tlkmx wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:44 pm I'm sure vroteq is one user who was ban before and basically remade an account. A stellar troll with nothing of value..
Oh. Here was people who were banned before? I wonder why? Maybe there are a lot of people who don’t agree with decisions of this mediocre daw with few unfortunately irreplaceable fratures?
Calling me a troll because I don’t want to say “this is the best release ever” is a bit of an overstatement.
No I don’t value the company that fail to deliver agin and again. They have a great opportunity to make a great daw. Instead developers decide to continue their idiotic “this is our vision” mantra.

vroteg wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:11 am
tlkmx wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:44 pm I'm sure vroteq is one user who was ban before and basically remade an account. A stellar troll with nothing of value..
Oh. Here was people who were banned before? I wonder why? Maybe there are a lot of people who don’t agree with decisions of this mediocre daw with few unfortunately irreplaceable fratures?
Calling me a troll because I don’t want to say “this is the best release ever” is a bit of an overstatement.
No I don’t value the company that fail to deliver agin and again. They have a great opportunity to make a great daw. Instead developers decide to continue their idiotic “this is our vision” mantra.
;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j95kNwZw8YY

Bjørnson wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:52 am
;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j95kNwZw8YY
Ha ha, it summarises very well my thinking.

When I see all these people criticising small companies and qualifying them as stupid, I can't help but visualise an overweight ,beer drinking guy, criticising how a national soccer team is playing.

I mean creating a software company from scratch and surviving in such competitive environment is freaking difficult. These guys (and girls) are all but stupid.

vroteg wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:00 am Fun fact. Polymer synth don’t have sine wave… Despite the fact it has few oscillators able to make sine wave. Because output is clipped by default.
I see. The DAW is highly inadequate because you don't understand how the filters work in Bitwig?

The different filters clip as a matter of emulation/saturation by default. They can be adjusted not to clip, but you knew this of course, because you RTFM right?

Fun Fact: Bitwig is so inadequate they put an entire interactive manual inside the DAW by selecting any device and hitting F1.

Last edited by Funk Dracula on Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"music is the best"

The "this is our vision" mantra is the same reason that the features you deem irreplaceable exist. Fighting about the stuff you don't like on a forum doesn't change anything. It isn't worth your time or ours; accept how it is or move on. Or pick one feature and recruit a bunch of people to agitate about it for literal years and you might be able to get it implemented. But clearly this thread is not the place to do that.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Funk Dracula wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 pm
vroteg wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:00 am Fun fact. Polymer synth don’t have sine wave… Despite the fact it has few oscillators able to make sine wave. Because output is clipped by default.
I see. The DAW is highly inadequate because you don't understand how the filters work in Bitwig?

The different filters clip as a matter of emulation/saturation by default. They can be adjusted not to clip, but you knew this of course, because you RTFM right?

Fun Fact: Bitwig is so inadequate they put an entire interactive manual inside the DAW by selecting any device and hitting F1.

lol.
Fun fact..............highly inadequate
==> when ignorance ........... meet pedantism....

I'd like an option to turn off the clipping on the out module in Polymer... but even as is, it's easy to get a clean sine wave in Polymer. So perhaps it is your skill that is highly inadequate...

Funk Dracula wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 pm I see. The DAW is highly inadequate because you don't understand how the filters work in Bitwig?

This is BS!!
Fun fact... the Bitwigs do it so well that you don´t understand anything!
Another fun fact: They did it so well that you cannot access the inspector parameter you are refering to in Polymer itself so again you have to convert it into a Grid patch...
It makes much sense to post screenshots for features not available in the synth itself...

But anyway...You can turn off the filter in Polymer and still get a clipped Sine wave by default...

It´s clipped because the OSCs are running much too hot for clipping being activated by default on the Audio Out and you are just able to change it by turning it into a grid patch and turn clipping off in there...

The only possibility in Polymer itself you´ve got is to lower the Voice level to about -11db which results into a mix level of nearly -14db!!

vroteg is completely right that this is a nonsense decision of the developers which is more than questionable ... doesn´t happen on any other synth I know ...
I know... all other synth developers are wrong... just the Bitwig´s do it right... :tu:
Last edited by Trancit on Sat May 18, 2024 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Funk Dracula wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 pm

Not sure you know what you talking about. The output of polymer not filter. If you convert it to poly grid and look at output menu you will see clipping turned on by default. So before commenting next time read the manual or don’t make yourself a fool.
Last edited by vroteg on Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:10 pm
I'd like an option to turn off the clipping on the out module in Polymer... but even as is, it's easy to get a clean sine wave in Polymer. So perhaps it is your skill that is highly inadequate...
Yes. You can lower the ooutput of osc or use filter. It is not a solution it is tedious or even useless workaround. Bitwig good at these.

ㅋㅋㅋ
Last edited by vroteg on Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ㅋㅋㅋ

Trancit wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:34 am Another fun fact: They did it so well that you cannot access the inspector parameter you are refering to in Polymer itself so again you have to convert it into a Grid patch...
Right click on the filter in Polymer and you have access to the Resonance Limit Parameter. And yes, you can get a clean sine without converting to a Grid patch... like -90dB

And yes, I agree that it was an oversight by Bitwig not to give an option to disable the audio out module clipping. But it is not a big deal and they will address it at some point and meanwhile, it can be worked around easily enough.

vroteg wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:36 am Not sure you know what you talking about. The output of polymer not filter. If you convert it to poly grid and look at output menu you will see clipping turned on by default. So before commenting next time read the manual or don’t make yourself a fool.
I thought you were yapping about a clean sounding sine because the filters saturate audibly as par for the course. The Polymer is just a grid container/UI. It IS the Grid, dude. Convert it to a Grid and turn off the clipping if the two tiny harmonics are driving you crazy.

That or just play a test tone device via keyscale modulation if your so paranoid about the purity of your sine sound.

Anyways, having to scan through your barrage of irrelevant shit posting in order to read what others have to comment on regarding the current beta testing is a becoming exhausting. It is indicative of someone being terminally online, and I made a mistake taking the bait and engaging with your negativity, and an even bigger mistake engaging negatively back.

Plenty of people criticize and complain about all things Bitwig, but there is difference between that and the straight up shit posting you constantly dish out that completely derails the topic of a thread. I feel like if I put you on ignore, I'll then be able to get back to my 5-15 minutes of scanning the KVR Bitwig forum to catch up, reply to some things if I want, and then peace out. So yeah, I think I'm going to do that. Bye!
"music is the best"

Return to “Bitwig”