MusicDevelopments updates RapidComposer to v3.5
5th June 2018
MusicDevelopments has updated RapidComposer to v3.5. The latest update features the new Percussion Generator which can be used to create original percussion phrases with a single click (in the full edition only) as well as more than 20 enhancements, like improved phrase preview, drag-and-drop, chord voicings, and user interface on 4K monitors.
- Percussion phrase generator (full edition only): generate multi-instrument percussion phrases for a single click. Each percussion has its own rhythm generator.
- Timeline and playback position added to phrase preview.
- Loop option added to phrase preview.
- Browser buttons cleaned up. Remove unused buttons to reduce the clutter.
- Forward and backward transport controls added.
- New options when changing the time signature: 'Resize Chords For The New Time Signature' and 'Keep Line Lengths'.
- You can add chord tensions to voicings. This way you can use a 7th note in a phrase even if the chord is a simple triad.
- Fixed 'Rootless 9th' voicing which now works as you expect. New voicing added: 'Always Root-3rd-5th-7th' which adds a 7th to triads and removes 9th/11th/13th from more complex chords.
- Setting line length is possible directly in the master track inspector.
- MIDI drag and drop improvement: dragging MIDI from Reaper works now (non-existent file in drag data properly handled).
- Dragging single phrases as MIDI: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-drag phrases (multiple phrases work too.).
- Dropping a MIDI file over the track header will replace the track contents.
- Chord note parameters in the editor have been renamed to Root, 3rd, 5th, etc.
- 'Export Chords As Text' added.
- An option was added to disable transposition for absolute notes in the note editor (e.g. for key-switch notes).
- Voicing menu reworked: all options shown.
- Use maximum 8 phrases in the Idea Tool.
- 'Maximum Note Height In Editor' can be further increased.
- Font sizes extended, bigger fonts can be selected for 4K displays.
- Transport button size increased when using bigger fonts, and lots of small cosmetic changes when using big font sizes.
- Optimizations in the UI layout engine under the hood.
- Minor fixes in using chord lengths.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
KVR Audio, Inc.